Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

New Muppet Thought of the Week!

They're really pushing Matt as Kermit now either to get him more practice or to get us used to him. Not saying that either is a bad thing, I'm just glad to see more Kermit.
I agree. I notice the difference, but the fact that :smile: is being used more often than he was in the past few months is a good thing. Ever since :smile:'s absence in the Thanksgiving parade and the earlier TOTW videos, I was getting a bit worried.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
Kermit will always be with us! He's back and better!
He's back for sure, he never really left. But what makes you think he's better? I understand wanting to just go with the flow to keep things calm rather than battle with the fact that there's nothing we can really do but you've had maybe 2-3 minutes of audio and somehow that's enough to say that Matt will be better than Steve? I think they all have and will be great in there own way.

Censored

Reaction score
He's back for sure, he never really left. But what makes you think he's better? I understand wanting to just go with the flow to keep things calm rather than battle with the fact that there's nothing we can really do but you've had maybe 2-3 minutes of audio and somehow that's enough to say that Matt will be better than Steve? I think they all have and will be great in there own way.
I can only go by what I've seen so far. As of now, I think Matt's performance is just right and brought back Kermit's old voice, mannerisms, and personality. It's true that we haven't heard him sing yet, but I strongly believe it will be great. It should be noted though that Muppet singing can be very subjective; several years back, a member on here even said that Jim's first rendition of "It's Not easy Being Green" was no good! :mad: