Your 10 Favorite Sesame Street Songs

ISNorden

Reaction score
My Top 10 song list from Sesame Street:

10. That's About the Size
9. Rubber Duckie (Ernie's original version)
8. People in Your Neighborhood
7. Sesame Street Theme (full version, as sung on the test show)
6. Sing (as performed by the cast in early seasons)
5. I've Got Two (as originally performed by Bob and Susan)
4. Bein' Green (as performed by Kermit in the early seasons)
3. Would You Like to Buy an O?
2. ABC-DEF-GHI (as originally performed by Big Bird)

And my number-one favorite song from the show... [SFX: drum roll]

1. I Think That It Is Wonderful (more recent than the rest, true--but Herry hugging his bear at the end makes me say AWWW!)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My top 10

Here we go, counting down to Number One...

10. "Mad!" Little Jerry and the Monotones- wonderful paean to angry hippie Muppets everywhere.

9. "Octopus's Garden" It wasn't until later I found out this was actually a Beatles song.

8. "Up Up and Away" Again, years later when I heard the 5th Dimension version on the radio, I thought THEY were copying Sesame Street, not the other way around.

7. "Someday Little Children" You'll have to be at least 38 to remember when this one was brand-new. Susan sings.

6. "What Do You Do When You're A Kangaroo". Beautiful Joe

5. "Being Green" The first Kermit version, 1969/70. Often imitated, never duplicated.

4. "Sing" quite a few early cast versions out there, including one with Sam the robot and a dozen transistor radios. The Carpenters version is the icing on the cake.

3. "Roosevelt Franklin's Days of the Week" Joe, Jim Henson, and Matt Robinson are all smiling in heaven right now over the day they teamed up to create this one.

2. Tie "J-Jump" and "J friends" either one guaranteed to get your toes tapping.

1. "A Little Bit in the Beginning" Joe showing a huge Gospel influence. The images and lyrics are as relevant today as they were in 1970.:big_grin:

Mokeystar

Reaction score
7. "Someday Little Children" You'll have to be at least 38 to remember when this one was brand-new. Susan sings.
You have to be at least 38? Oh really? :wink: (Okay, give me another couple of months and I'll be there....)

Oooh....this is tough. Okay, well here are a few faves.

Five Monsters in My Family: When I was a kid, I would laugh my head off every time I'd hear this song on my Monsters LP. "Family dinners are really great. We eat the food and then the plate!" And then at the end of the song, the monsters realize there are many more than just five monsters in their family and continue counting as they remember additional family members......"And then there's Uncle so and so and the funny one who rolls around on the floor....."

J Friends: One of my favorite clips and favorite Sesame songs. Catchy, indeed. You can't hear this song and walk away with a frown on your face.

Rubber Duckie: An ode to Ernie's best pal besides Bert. Another song you can't help but sing along with.

1-2-3-4-5: I love the grooviness of that song. Thanks again, Inga! :smile:

Zizzy Zoomers: Another song that has always put me in the best mood. Gotta love those Zoomers!

Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco: Me lost me cookie in the boo-gie music! I can't listen to this song without laughing. I can't even think of the song without giggling. Me love Cookie.

Imagination: "Here in the middle of imagination...." It's such a gentle song that seemed to be channeled straight from Jim Henson's heart right into Ernie. I can't hear it without a dreamy smile on my face.

Bein' Green: Another perfect song, with such heartfelt meaning. I love the lyrics, "Cause you're not standing out like splashy sparkles in the water, or stars in the sky." So descriptive. So beautiful.

J-Jump: The happiest song of them all!

Word Family Songs: "You take a "J", that's a Juh and an "ET" et, ya puddemalltogether and they spell "JET"!

Okay, I'll summarize the rest by saying "Kudos to every song by Joe Raposo and every cover song from back in the early days. " Yeah.....! :smile:

Count von Count

Reaction score
1.-Rubber Duckie
2.-Sesame Street Theme(original version)
3.-Being Green
4.-Would You Like to Buy an O?
5.-Sing
Top 5^ songs.
*all song the original version*

Redsonga

Reaction score
I won't put them in order but:
Monster in the Mirror, True Blue Miracle, You're Gonna Be A Star, Cereal Girl, I Don't Want to Live On the Moon, Sing, What's the Name of that Song? We Are All Earthlings, Do De Rubber Duck

and also I love:
My New Computer, the theme to Alphaquest, Don't Eat The Pictures (actually every song from that movie:excited:), In A Little Doll House, If Moon Was a Cookie:excited:

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Hmm.....I can't put them in any kind of order either, I'm not even sure I could come up with just ten. But some of my favorites would be, in no particular order:

1-The song that Olivia and Bernie sing in show #2107 (I don't know the name of it)
2-Put Down the Duckie
3-Placido Flamingo's "Naughty Door" opera
4-We All Sing with the Same Voice
5-Dance Myself to Sleep
6-Jellyman Kelly
7-Ladybug Picnic
8-If Moon was Cookie
9-Don Music's re-write of the Sesame Street theme
10-The Italian Street Song (the song Placido Flamingo sings in the "Pretty Great Performances" sketch)
11-What's the Name of that Song?
12-Mary Had a Bicycle
13-Keep Christmas with You
14-Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco
15-True Blue Miracle

I know, more than 10, but I couldn't help it.

KGIII

Reaction score
Shiny Happy Monsters (with R.E.M.)
Imagine That
Put On Your Kammikluuk
The 1 through 12 song during the pinball (the old one)
There is a song about loving trash that Oscar sings as well.

I guess I only have five of them really, oh well.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Things That I Remember
Forty Blocks From My Home
Telephone Rock
Danger! (Little Jerry version)
C is for Cookie
Peanut Butter
Somebody Come And Play
Upside Down World
Bein' Green
We Are All Earthlings