Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Cross out ''better.''

GIVE THE FRIGGIN MAN SOME TIME TO PERFECT IT. You can't compliment him after barely doing anything. That's like saying if a photographer took one photo of just a chair and then calling him the best photographer in the world.

or something like that
Can't talk right now. I have a meeting with the Disney execs.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I can only go by what I've seen so far. As of now, I think Matt's performance is just right and brought back Kermit's old voice, mannerisms, and personality. It's true that we haven't heard him sing yet, but I strongly believe it will be great. It should be noted though that Muppet singing can be very subjective; several years back, a member on here even said that Jim's first rendition of "It's Not easy Being Green" was no good! :mad:
I have to agree there. When he sang it on Sesame Street, I noticed the voice was off. The best version of Jim's Kermit singing "Bein' Green" will always be the TMS eps with the two Peters. (Ustinov and Sellers) :smile:

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
As for Steve's other characters, Rizzo will probably stay phased out like he was in the latest films. I'm sad that Link will probably be gone. Steve just barely got him down only to be fired.

Also, Statler has had the most performers of any muppet (Hunt, Nelson, Whitmire, Massey, Linz).
We already know that Link isn't gone because they are doing a Pigs in Space sketch for the bowl. Also, Steve only performed the character a handful of times. Same with Newsman. Saying any of the characters that weren't his, who he barely performed, are going to be hurt is kind of nonsense.

I just don't get the idea that people, including Steve, have that the characters will suffer with Matt as Kermit. Jim was a main performer of many, many main characters for the Muppet Show while also being the main character. They'll be fine.

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
Matt is still improving, but needs to work out creating facial expressions to the degree Jim and Steve did. Definitely more of a combination of Jim and Steve, but Matt definitely made Kermit his own.
I feel like Kermit's facial contortions were more of a Steve thing than a Jim thing. Jim certainly did them, but sparingly and with purpose. Steve's Kermit was almost too much at times.