Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kevin Clash once mentioned that prior to Jim's passing, he requested Kermit not host the next Muppet Show - if there was one. Though that's not to say that that was entirely the reason Kermit's role was secondary on MT.
Well, it makes sense since Kevin performed Clifford. Makes me wonder if he remembered that six years later.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-muppets-hollywood-bowl-20170907-story.html

There's more of Matt as Kermit in this L.A. Times Video. It's nice to see the interaction between him and Piggy. Starting to warm up to Matt.
Wow, Matt really seems to be coming into his own as Kermit. He was actually pretty funny, the chemistry between him and Miss Piggy was good, and he seems to have a bit more edge and confidence than Steve's Kermit did. Not to mention, this may be the first time in a long time that Piggy actually made me laugh in an interview. I'm definitely feeling optimistic. Just goes to show you, never doubt the Vogel. Now all we need is to see Kermit lose his temper, then that'll seal the deal.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Matt is totally improving and do see a little bit of Kermit. I was sold when I heard him say "Piggy", but the interview feels a little stiff to me from both of them. The chemistry isn't there yet for me. Just nice seeing them in interviews again.

I never doubted Matt, but I wanted to see more, and this is exactly what I wanted and hopefully more interviews come out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Paul Williams will be appearing with the Muppets?
Not entirely sure. There was a picture somewhere of him with Bill Barretta and Kermit. It would be amazing if he was there though.

Matt is totally improving and do see a little bit of Kermit. I was sold when I heard him say "Piggy", but the interview feels a little stiff to me from both of them. The chemistry isn't there yet for me
Here's my thing though: I think they exhibited a good amount of chemistry for two friends who are also probably still exes. Wait.. are they back together or not? I completely forgot they had broken up. The last episode of the TV show was pretty open ended.

Somewhat unrelated but, I can't be the only one who hopes that Yolanda, Chip, and Gloria Estefan make appearances at The Bowl, right? It probably won't happen but I still want them to come back.