Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow. Kermit is back. Matt is doing a wonderful job. For a little bit, I actually forgot to think about "who is performing Kermit", but rather just watched Kermit and Piggy have an interview. I am impressed!
That was exactly what I was thinking!

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Someone posted this on another forum, but the interviewer just had to ask about a "new frog".

However, Matt saying "Hi-Ho" was pretty good.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I asked because this is stated on that website:

Making an appearance will be Paul Williams, 76, who co-wrote the songbook (with Kenny Ascher) for “The Muppet Movie,” including the Oscar-winning song “The Rainbow Connection.”

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's my thing though: I think they exhibited a good amount of chemistry for two friends who are also probably still exes. Wait.. are they back together or not? I completely forgot they had broken up. The last episode of the TV show was pretty open ended.
Ah, so this answers that question:

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Wow, Matt really seems to be coming into his own as Kermit. He was actually pretty funny, the chemistry between him and Miss Piggy was good, and he seems to have a bit more edge and confidence than Steve's Kermit did. Not to mention, this may be the first time in a long time that Piggy actually made me laugh in an interview. I'm definitely feeling optimistic. Just goes to show you, never doubt the Vogel. Now all we need is to see Kermit lose his temper, then that'll seal the deal.
I always crack up when Kermit loses his temper in TMTM :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah I was just gonna post that video.

Looks like the finale of the 2015 show didn't affect anything. Nice knowing you guys...lol.
Oh well. I actually think she's a much more interesting character whenever she's not obsessing over Kermit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ah, so this answers that question:
Okay, you guys might hate me for this, but I thought Matt was spot-on with Kermit in that clip. It seems like so far we've just been going by brief clips in the TOTW videos, but now that he got to say more, it seems like Matt is really putting his heart into it. I wouldn't know that the voice has changed. On a different topic, it's too bad they didn't answer the question of whether Kermit and Miss Piggy got back together, but maybe they are waiting for the actual show to address that. We'll see. (At least those fans who will be able to go, will see what happens there, maybe. Lol.)

Censored

Reaction score
Okay, you guys might hate me for this, but I thought Matt was spot-on with Kermit in that clip. It seems like so far we've just been going by brief clips in the TOTW videos, but now that he got to say more, it seems like Matt is really putting his heart into it. I wouldn't know that the voice has changed. On a different topic, it's too bad they didn't answer the question of whether Kermit and Miss Piggy got back together, but maybe they are waiting for the actual show to address that. We'll see. (At least those fans who will be able to go, will see what happens there, maybe. Lol.)
No hate at all. Thanks for your input.

Muppy

Reaction score
I asked because this is stated on that website:

Making an appearance will be Paul Williams, 76, who co-wrote the songbook (with Kenny Ascher) for “The Muppet Movie,” including the Oscar-winning song “The Rainbow Connection.”
Wait that's in the official website? The Rainbow Connection didn't win an Oscar ...