Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Now, the part about kicking someone in Orlando, Florida at a time like this (even an insulting troll) is a bit questionable.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Now, the part about kicking someone in Orlando, Florida at a time like this (even an insulting troll) is a bit questionable.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't his intention. It's more of a warning for potential trolls that he is capable of locating them and subsequently blocking them over and over again if they insist on coming back. Some of them have been downright nasty, not only to him, but to others who just want to have a nice discussion.

Censored

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that wasn't his intention. It's more of a warning for potential trolls that he is capable of locating them and subsequently blocking them over and over again if they insist on coming back. Some of them have been downright nasty, not only to him, but to others who just want to have a nice discussion.
True, but sometimes being the bigger person can be the best revenge.
a) He could screen posts before they go through to avoid trolls all together, b) He could have simply deleted it without any drama, or c) He could have actually wished the person and his family the best and safety despite the trolling. That would have definitely made Steve the bigger person. Yet, I get the feeling he's not inclined to do that, especially in the moment of conflict, which was probably his ultimate undoing with the Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
True, but sometimes being the bigger person can be the best revenge.
a) He could screen posts before they go through to avoid trolls all together, b) He could have simply deleted it without any drama, or c) He could have actually wished the person and his family the best and safety despite the trolling. That would have definitely made Steve the bigger person. Yet, I get the feeling he's not inclined to do that, especially in the moment of conflict, which was probably his ultimate undoing with the Muppets.
You don't like Steve much do ya?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
It's all perspective. I didn't really read that as "kicking someone in Orlando, Florida." He just pointed out where the troll is located. Of course, that's how I see it. Everyone reads things differently, and something totally innocent can sometimes come off as insulting, insensitive, or hostile, without the author really meaning it. JMO.

Censored

Reaction score
I think no matter how angry someone like that made me, if I saw that they were living in Florida right now, I would let it go.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So here is the story on Rowlf. I was apperntly wrong in thinking that they where going to kerp him silent. That was just a rumor. At the time the Muppet preformers just did not feel they had anyone who could do the character justice. Which is more understandable when you consider that Rowlf and Dr. Theeth both have very unique voices.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Rowlf_the_Dog

I think with Kermit the recasting had to be quick both with Steve and with Matt, because he is the face of the franchise.

Now that the first concert is over with here is what we know.

Peter Linz has taken Lips and Link.
David Rudman has taken Beaker
Eric Jacobson has taken The Newsman
Matt Vogel has taken Kermit.

I got to be honest I heard some of Matt and Kermit last night and I can understand why people hear Jim. Apparently Matt did a great job with "Rainbow Connection" and the crowd seemed to respond quit well.

Now I said this in the other thread, but I'm really not upset with the quick recasting of Lips. The reason being is that Steve really did not do much with the character, and now maybe Peter can develop him more then Steve ever has.

So it looks like Disney, The Muppet Studios, and the Muppets have moved on to bigger and maybe even better things without Steve. Only time will tell.