Your Thoughts: Muppets Live at the Hollywood Bowl September 8-10, 2017

beaker

Reaction score
one more thing, Bill Baretta was my fave Muppet performer of the 2000's; but Peter Linz for me is my new fave Muppet performer of the 2010s. So glad Walter got a little scene in there. Love Peter talking with fans at the end of Adorable Rachels Muppet Bowl coverage

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I didn't see it of course and I don't want to read too many spoilers for in case this does surface on You Tube or something like that and I don't want to go back ten pages and read all the posts here now, but I did want to ask about Steve's other characters. We know Matt is :smile: now and it seems as if Peter is officially performing Statler now, but did his other characters appear and if so who performed them?

cjd874

Reaction score
Okay. I didn't see it of course and I don't want to read too many spoilers for in case this does surface on You Tube or something like that and I don't want to go back ten pages and read all the posts here now, but I did want to ask about Steve's other characters. We know Matt is :smile: now and it seems as if Peter is officially performing Statler now, but did his other characters appear and if so who performed them?
Beaker is played by David Rudman, the Newsman is played by Eric Jacobson, and Link Hogthrob and Lips are both played by Peter Linz.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_Take_the_Bowl#Cast

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess Rizzo didn't appear there. Hopefully we'll see him in future appearances.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Way better quality video of Rainbow Connection man that number is beautiful!

Edit

https://instagram.com/p/BY5Eq84nbaz/

Also this clip from tonight's rainbow connection performance sounds like Paul Williams might be singing live and possibly Matt as Kermit cause you can clearly hear Kermit singing with Paul for a line.
Oh, that's what we've all been waiting for. Matt's Kermit doing RC. I'm working now, but I'll listen when I get a chance.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
He's listed among the Muppet characters, indicating that he made a non-speaking appearance.
I think the only time he appeared was in the intro, where you could see him on one of the video screen arches

wait, the entire show is precorded dialogue? a lot of bits seemed live to me.
Not the entire show. Most of the skits/dialogue pieces that are standalone are done live, but a lot of pieces of dialogue that are embedded into a musical number are pre recorded

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
one more thing, Bill Baretta was my fave Muppet performer of the 2000's; but Peter Linz for me is my new fave Muppet performer of the 2010s. So glad Walter got a little scene in there. Love Peter talking with fans at the end of Adorable Rachels Muppet Bowl coverage
Adorkable Rachel really deserves more recognition within the Muppet Fandom. There's not a lot of people like her on YouTube, especially since FrogFan76 disappeared.

Here's ToughPigs' in depth coverage of the event:
http://www.toughpigs.com/report-the-muppets-take-the-bowl/

I love the fact that the performers finally got the recognition they deserved at the show. Not only were they visible throughout the performance, but they also did a bow at the end of it. When you think about it, it's kind of crazy that these guys aren't more famous.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Watching the Suffrage City clip, I see that that's a different song than what I thought it was.

One of the reviews I saw mentioned that each member of The Electric Mayhem got a line. Did Zoot or Lips get any lines? I know they sang together at one point, but I couldn't really tell if either got their own solo line.

I'm assuming Wayne and Wanda both sang in their numbers (I haven't seen those performances online), I'm surprised that the program doesn't list who performs either (David Rudman most likely performed Wayne, was Wanda again performed by the performer who did her in the 2011 film?).

So rights issues prevented them from being able to release this on DVD or television or anything, but I wonder if the pre-recorded video footage could be released.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
No one got video of the Wayne & Wanda segments? Darn. They get chased by monster clowns - or something - and eaten by a shark, and I missed it.

Anyone know if the shark was a new or old character? 'Cause the shark from TMS (and I think MT) is definitely too small to eat another Muppet, much less two.