Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
VMX really pushed it, but again, it had Simpsons writers.

Can't give an objective opinion about the 2015 show since I didn't watch it, but based on its mixed reviews, apparently one of the flaws of the show was trying too hard to push the envelope in terms of adult humor and edgy material.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
VMX really pushed it, but again, it had Simpsons writers.

Can't give an objective opinion about the 2015 show since I didn't watch it, but based on its mixed reviews, apparently one of the flaws of the show was trying too hard to push the envelope in terms of adult humor and edgy material.
As someone who watched the 2015 show, there were times where they had good ideas, but couldn't write them correctly.

However, when they switched showrunners, to me it got much better after Episode 10. I still praise the 2015 show for trying something different, and the mature themes worked in some episodes.

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
However, when they switched showrunners, to me it got much better after Episode 10. I still praise the 2015 show for trying something different, and the mature themes worked in some episodes.
Totally agree. Personally, I'd like them to just start where they left off on The Muppet Show and just relaunch the darn thing. They could easily take the best parts of the 2015 effort, like leaving the studio and apply them to the theater, Rowlf's Bar, Uncle Deadly's role as Piggy's wardrobe guy, Yolanda, etc. The characters work best doing sketches and interacting together.

After seeing much of the Bowl, I think Matt is doing quite well, but yeah, the dialogue portions are still a bit flat. I really don't think it's as bent on the writing as people think. I can tell you from experience, lines only work as well as their delivery. I think something that Steve often missed were the readings. I think Matt is still getting a feel for Kermit, so it will take time.

My feeling is that Jim was a very, very funny guy who know how to deliver a line that could easily be mean, and do it in a way that made it more in loving jest or with a sly smile. I once played a character with similar material and literally had a few lines where had to be coached away from sounding like an a-hole, because I was having trouble finding the right reading.

I think a show would maybe let them play around a bit, until they can find the right take, or, if necessary, find a new line.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, it happened on "Dinosaurs" too, but I was referring to the final ep of TMS with Gene Kelly which actually was the first fifth season episode that aired but the last one that was filmed, so I see where that can get confusing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, it's one of those eps from Season 5 that Disney still has yet to release, but it's in the TimeLife collection. Scooter read Bearegard's fortune through Tarot Cards and made him believe the world was ending, so that was basically the theme throughout the show.

Censored

Reaction score
They probably deliberately avoided making it the last episode, so it wouldn't be interpreted that way.