Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I said this on another forum but..

but I don't think The Muppets should try to do another TV Series. I wouldn't want them doing The Muppet Show Again ya know.

Appearances like the Hollywood Bowl proved that people love The Muppets because of nostalgia.

And if they tried to do another show, even if they do all the old sketches and things people loved about the original, I feel like the same thing will happen with the 2015 show. Where people will watch the first episode..but don't continue watching.

So I think for now, The Muppets should hold off from another series or movie. Just keep doing live appearances or a tour.

Censored

Reaction score
I said this on another forum but..

but I don't think The Muppets should try to do another TV Series. I wouldn't want them doing The Muppet Show Again ya know.

Appearances like the Hollywood Bowl proved that people love The Muppets because of nostalgia.

And if they tried to do another show, even if they do all the old sketches and things people loved about the original, I feel like the same thing will happen with the 2015 show. Where people will watch the first episode..but don't continue watching.

So I think for now, The Muppets should hold off from another series or movie. Just keep doing live appearances or a tour.
This time we have Matt as Kermit though. I think a new TV show is worth trying.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I think you need to go back a few pages because you're claiming that it was Steve's fault the 2015 show failed..which isn't the case.

The reason the 2015 failed was ABC and the direction it was going in. And that's coming from someone that actually watched it.

And what I'm trying to say is even if Matt is performing Kermit, I don't think people want to tune in for another Muppet Show. Especially, if it's just the original show done the same way again. I don't think it's the right time honestly.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
It's not worth trying unless seasoned Muppet writers like Kirk Thatcher and Jim Lewis are brought in to act as quality control, not just random TV writers like last time.

And I'm with Dwayne on the whole 'wasn't Steve's fault' thing. Matt would be a great addition to the writing and/or directing side of things, but a new show wouldn't completely depend on his Kermit performance.

Censored

Reaction score
The chances of that are slom to none. You make it seem like it was all Steve's fault the show failed. Which is completely and uddry wrong and stupid.
It's all a matter of opinion. To me, blind faith in Steve is as stupid and wrong as one can get.

Censored

Reaction score
Tell you what, if there is a new Muppet Show, you can choose not to watch it. I'll watch it and enjoy it.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i think that should just do tours for now, and if they ever do another TV show, they should one, get writers with knowledge of the Muppet characters, two, give the show a little feel of the Muppet show, but not a whole lot, three, don't try to make the Muppets edgy, because it doesn't work, and four, come up with new skits. finally five, if they ever do another movie, don't let the human actors upstage the Muppet characters, a lot of that happened in the 2011 Muppet movie.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
The chances of that are slom to none. You make it seem like it was all Steve's fault the show failed. Which is completely and uddry wrong and stupid.
it wasn't Steve's fault, it was the writing, the story lines, and the plot, what made the show fail.