Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
Actually, I never even said anything against Steve this time around. I only said that Matt might make a new Muppet TV show a success and should be given a chance.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Actually, I never even said anything against Steve this time around. I only said that Matt might make a new Muppet TV show a success and should be given a chance.
If a Muppet show is going to succeed or fail it's not going to be because of who performs Kermit. The Jim Henson Hour failed pretty hard, and that was the brainchild of Henson himself.

The casual audience needed to make any new TV a success isn't going to stick with it or abandoned it just because of who is performing Kermit the Frog.

And dwayne, I get that you don't like Censored, but you also need to stop allowing his posts to agitate you. At this point you're ranting like a crazy person spouting conspiracy theories, and it feels like the main reason you're doing so is just to stand on the other side of the argument of someone you don't like.

Censored

Reaction score
The success or failure of a show can have many reasons. Writing is one, the performers are another, and there is also the aspect of what's going on behind the scenes. If there is constant in-fighting, it's bound to affect the process. A new performer and a new start just might help.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
The success or failure of a show can have many reasons. Writing is one, the performers are another, and there is also the aspect of what's going on behind the scenes. If there is constant in-fighting, it's bound to affect the process. A new performer and a new start just might help.
I don't think any of that matters honestly. If it did, they would of done something about it. Like firing Steve during production. That's what happens to most celebrities/directors if they're giving everyone a hard time.

You're missing the point that it doesn't matter who's playing Kermit. Matt could do an amazing job playing Kermit during a new show, but the stories and writing could be just as bad if they hire the wrong people and it crashes and burns again like the 2015 show.

But also because of ABC having it out during the wrong time. If they wouldn't have switched presidents, we would of had Season 2. It was the wrong place at the wrong time.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
This is the way I see it. Even if Matt did Kermit at the time the 2015 show aired, it still could have failed. I didn't like the show because I didn't think the writers did a good job with it. I'm not blaming any of the performers for it. As for Steve being fired, well, my father told me he felt it was all in perspective. In Disney's perspective, they may have felt his emails and notes were hostile and inappropriate. In Steve's perspective, he may have felt they weren't. My dad has what we call "The Tone." In our perspective, "The Tone" comes off as fussing at us, but he doesn't realize he sounds like that. There are times where some members say something on here that come off as snippy to me, and I'm sure I come off the same way to other members, but I sure as heck don't intend to sound that way, and I'm also sure others don't intend it, either.

IMNSHO, I think both Disney and Steve himself are at fault for his firing. It's not all black and white, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. When I made a statement about the Hensons being paid off by Disney way back about 90 or so pages ago, I honestly DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS TRUE, I was just speculating on the possibilities of that happening. I don't have proof of it, so I can't back up that statement, but I'm sorryto say, it IS possible. It's also possible that Steve is a big jerk and a liar. It is also possible that I might be a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater, but that doesn't make it true. Keep that in mind.

Censored

Reaction score
In any case, a new try at a Muppet TV program would be great. It shouldn't be discouraged just because its success might make Matt's performance appear better. Let's give it a try.

Censored

Reaction score
When I made a statement about the Hensons being paid off by Disney way back about 90 or so pages ago, I honestly DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS TRUE, I was just speculating on the possibilities of that happening. I don't have proof of it, so I can't back up that statement, but I'm sorryto say, it IS possible. It's also possible that Steve is a big jerk and a liar. It is also possible that I might be a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater, but that doesn't make it true. Keep that in mind.
The idea exists only in people's imagination. If someone made unfounded accusations like that against Steve, they'd get called a troll.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
In any case, a new try at a Muppet TV program would be great. It shouldn't be discouraged just because its success might make Matt's performance appear better. Let's give it a try.
Like everyone else has said a tv show is not a great idea right now. And it's not because Matt is Kermit and Steve is gone. I think we need another year or so. Let them do live shows for a bit and possibly a tour!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's what I think they could do next, maybe:
  • Live performances for about a year while doing viral videos on the side. Videos like the Pigs in Space videos we got last year, and that Counting Flowers On the Wall song with Beaker; Basically a bunch of new Muppet Show sketches. It's a great way to explore the characters.
  • Next I want to see them do primetime TV specials. The way to get the most exposure is probably to make them holiday specials, plus it's a good way to start experimenting before an actual series gets made.
  • Now, if the specials are popular enough, then we make another TV show. At this point, if the show is popular, then that would help ensure the chance that a movie would be successful.
  • More merchandise would also help.