Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

jobi71

Reaction score
Here's what I think they could do next, maybe:
  • Live performances for about a year while doing viral videos on the side. Videos like the Pigs in Space videos we got last year, and that Counting Flowers On the Wall song with Beaker; Basically a bunch of new Muppet Show sketches. It's a great way to explore the characters.
  • Next I want to see them do primetime TV specials. The way to get the most exposure is probably to make them holiday specials, plus it's a good way to start experimenting before an actual series gets made.
  • Now, if the specials are popular enough, then we make another TV show. At this point, if the show is popular, then that would help ensure the chance that a movie would be successful.
  • More merchandise would also help.
I agree 100% with Pig's Laundry (what a fun thing to type). I'd like to see them do more live shows spread out over the US (the World?) and maybe a lengthier sit down version in NYC or Las Vegas. More Youtube videos would be crucial to feed those fans not near the live shows. And one TV special a year (Christmas, Halloween, Flag Day)? They'll get their mojo back (it isn't really too far gone). And then the next big project. Yes, and merchandise helps.

Censored

Reaction score
I have a question to ask you. Do you think there is a difference between speculation and accusation?
Yes. What you said was speculation. What another member said was accusation. Still, there is no basis in reality for either.

Censored

Reaction score
Like everyone else has said a tv show is not a great idea right now. And it's not because Matt is Kermit and Steve is gone. I think we need another year or so. Let them do live shows for a bit and possibly a tour!
Nah, I say go for a TV show now when everything is fresh and new.

jobi71

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in this race - I sold it for this cow - but I say wait a bit. Get some more positive feedback (which will come) from more live shows. A blockbuster video like Bohemian Rhapsody would be great. It can very easily happen. I think a few more breadcrumbs in the path will make the end result more savory. I think we're on the same page just different paragraphs.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm gone for one day... just one day....

Also to those being against blindly following Steve is bad, blindly following his 'antagonists', for lack of a better word, can be just as deadly.

:scary:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
What's fresh and new? Matts Kermit? That's all that's fresh and new for the Muppets other the Peter having a few more characters to do. I think like everyone else is saying they need to build up for a tv show and or movie. Then when the time is right then of course they should!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What's fresh and new? Matts Kermit? That's all that's fresh and new for the Muppets other the Peter having a few more characters to do. I think like everyone else is saying they need to build up for a tv show and or movie. Then when the time is right then of course they should!
The public is in no way ready for a TV show or movie for that matter.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I say forget doing any more TV shows. With the exception of The Muppet Show (which I believe was a huge fluke) history doesn't favor television series featuring this group of Muppet characters. I don't see that ever changing.