Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Why is everyone here so sensitive?

You guys really think this discussion has gotten heated? Really?!?! I've been on the internet for a very long time. I've seen a whole lot worse. This thread is nothing compared to what I've seen in some fandoms, and I don't really think anything that's happened so far justifies this thread getting locked.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

You guys really think this discussion has gotten heated? Really?!?! I've been on the internet for a very long time. I've seen a whole lot worse. This thread is nothing compared to what I've seen in some fandoms, and I don't really think anything that's happened so far justifies this thread getting locked.
Well it is, at least for me, partly because we've seen discussions like this get much more heated. Remember the thread about the older humans on Sesame Street getting fired? Or the Artie Esposito thread?

Also, we're really just going around in circles here. Most of us already have our set opinions on the matter and have stated our cases. There's no more news coming in, so therefore nothing being added to the discussion. And whenever there is something happening it's just a couple members having a petty argument.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Why's every thread on MC deteriorate to the point where people ask for the thread to be locked? Locking it would be silly. If it's not this thread, then another thread will just break out in an argument. Rather than asking for every thread to be locked, why not just act like mature people.

I'm with these dudes. I see no real reason to lock this thread yet at the moment. Things may have cooled down between Steve, Disney, and Matt news right now, but who knows when the next stuff will start piling in.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
say the hypothesis
You don't even have to make them say it. In the context, we all know exactly what the hypothesis is. Simply put, "Steve was holding all the productions back, so they ultimately got shelved". Not saying I agree with that hypothesis, but everyone is titled to their own opinions. End of that conversation.

gravy

Reaction score
You don't even have to make them say it. In the context, we all know exactly what the hypothesis is. Simply put, "Steve was holding all the productions back, so they ultimately got shelved". Not saying I agree with that hypothesis, but everyone is titled to their own opinions. End of that conversation.
suit yourself.