The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Two different times Frank Oz reflected on Steve taking over Kermit.
CNN People Profiles: The reason Steve had a hard time was it's not just doing another character, he had to get into the soul of Jim to be Kermit.
Best Ever Muppet Moments: For Steve it was emotionally difficult, because Steve loved Jim and Jim loved Steve, so becoming Kermit was not just difficult for him as a performer to mimic Jim, but it was hard for him to become that character emotionally. It was very hard for him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ARNOLD: Why, oh why, do we always end up inside long, dark, slippery tubes?
MISS FRIZZLE: Oh, just lucky I guess, Arnold.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"do you ever wonder why we're always like..... Wearing gloves?"

Should be obvious where this came from.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Dinghy the Dingbat: Do you know what I decided we should do? I want to pitch it to the board of directors, I would like to take all the films and movies with cartoons and dogs in them and things, and mix them with 90's hip hop. So it looks like they're singing it, it's like a lip-sync.
Frankie Cordero: Oh, like a well not mashup, uh remix?
Dinghy: Yes, they're not funny at all, but everybody thinks they're funny. And I think perhaps if we do one, maybe Viacom will purchase us for 8.9 million dollars.
Frankie: (Laughs) That's a possibility.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Tom Kenny: The hardest episode of SpongeBob is probably Sailor Mouth, you know that's the one where SB and Patrick learn a word that's written on a dumpster and they just go around throwing it around. So we were supposed to be recording that, and swearing without really swearing is hard, because the script would say "Ad-lib almost swearing. SB and Patrick ad-lib fake swearing." And we were like "This is too hard. Can we just really cuss and have you guys bleep it out?" (Laughing) And Clancy Brown, Mr. Krabs was like "I vote for that! Listen to the 4-eyed fellow, he makes sense." And so that's what we did. I'd say that's a really difficult episode because, listening to SB and Patrick and Mr. Krabs drop those bombs is maybe the funniest thing in the world and also something you will never be allowed to hear ever. I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon has that berried in the middle of the Earth somewhere.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to producer/director Greg Bailey, when ARTHUR did its infamous "Bleep" episode, the word that D.W. learned was "F--- you," but to prevent PBS and Marc Brown from getting worried, the scripts and storyboards replaced the word with "chicken" so the voice actors didn't have to actually say the real word while recording their lines, but also because of the limited mouth cycles for the animators the syllables for "chicken" and "F--- you" looked virtually identical.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
"I hate the world!"
-Lucy Van Pelt, "The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show"
(and believe me, I have felt like this at times!)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GOOFY: It's a vacation with me and mah best buddy!
MAX: Oh, Donald Duck?
NOSTALGIA CRITIC AS GOOFY: Naw, he's gone all angular and weird. I'm kinda afraid of 'im now.

Last edited: