Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I've watched these Hollywood Bowl videos so many times that Matt's Kermit just sounds like Kermit to me. I'm not saying he is "just like Jim" or "better than Steve" or whatever, it's just I've listened to it enough that my brain now makes the association between Matt's performance and Kermit's voice.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Still not there yet with Matt, but that said, Rainbow Connection is still just as tear-jerking as it ever was. Thumbs up.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've watched these Hollywood Bowl videos so many times that Matt's Kermit just sounds like Kermit to me. I'm not saying he is "just like Jim" or "better than Steve" or whatever, it's just I've listened to it enough that my brain now makes the association between Matt's performance and Kermit's voice.
That's what you have to keep in mind. He's still the same character. Like we said before, sometimes when VAs pass on or leave us, characters are retired altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern: sometimes when VAs pass on or leave us, characters are retired.

Look at Simpsons actors Phil Hartman and Marcia Wallace who voiced Lionel Hotz/Troy McClure and Edna Krebbable respectively. Their characters were retired when their VAs passed on rather than being recast. They're also retiring Mayor West and probably Angela on Family Guy because of the deaths of their VAs. So with Steve's departure, we have to keep that in mind. Would we rather have Kermit sound slightly different or have the Muppets continue without Kermit? I rest my case.

Censored

Reaction score
I guess The Muppets will always get compared to Family Guy.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
That's what you have to keep in mind. He's still the same character. Like we said before, sometimes when VAs pass on or leave us, characters are retired altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern: sometimes when VAs pass on or leave us, characters are retired.

Look at Simpsons actors Phil Hartman and Marcia Wallace who voiced Lionel Hotz/Troy McClure and Edna Krebbable respectively. Their characters were retired when their VAs passed on rather than being recast. They're also retiring Mayor West and probably Angela on Family Guy because of the deaths of their VAs. So with Steve's departure, we have to keep that in mind. Would we rather have Kermit sound slightly different or have the Muppets continue without Kermit? I rest my case.
There's a big difference between characters getting retired when someone dies and characters being recast when someone gets fired.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There's a big difference between characters getting retired when someone dies and characters being recast when someone gets fired.
I mean, to an extent, that did happen in South Park (at least, I'm pretty sure Isaac Hayes was fired).