The "You know what?" thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Same thing could be said about Jim's death and Sesame Street. I really thought that after hearing about his death, Sesame was finished.
After 20 solid years, how much longer could the show go on? It outlasted anything else PBS ever aired (Mr. Rogers aired new episodes sporadically, he didn't have the heavy production schedule Sesame did).

They were able to survive the deaths of Mr. Hooper, David, and Joe Raposo, but Jim's death was such a serious blow. Even Frank admitted, he still did Grover and Cookie for a number of years, but after a while it seemed more of an obligation than a true commitment.

By virtue of getting older, by the time of Jim's death I was 22, graduating from college, and sitting at home to watch Sesame Street is no longer a top priority.
Working, paying rent, playing in bands, dating, all that stuff happens as you grow up, and instead of watching Sesame every day, you have other things on your plate.
This is probably scaring the crap out of some of you, all this ADULT stuff, but someday you'll all have to face that moment too.

You don't have to leave your childhood behind completely, but at work, the boss probably won't like it if you show up with your sippy cup and binkie.
True. But maybe one day i'll get to have a job where I can be a kid all day.

Meanwhile, all this talk about recasts recently has got me thinking about Sesame Street. I wonder who each character would be played by if something were to happen to their other performers. Telly specifically is so much a Marty character, he's the only one that I can't picture being anybody else.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In commercials featuring the Energizer Bunny and various Duracell commercials featuring toys, bunnies, or the Putterman family, the batteries are always visible... But most products that require batteries have a cover over the battery slot. For the commercials it makes sense as they likely want to show off the batteries within the products, but it's still a little odd.

For years, I thought that the Energizer Bunny had a big battery in its back, like the Putterman family, but after watching many old Energizer commercials recently, I now see that it was actually a small (likely normal-sized) battery located in the side of the bunny (around it's leg area).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Remember this faucet commercial from a few years ago with that Count Von Count song about hands? I remember when it came out I had never heard the song before but immediately recognized who was singing it. But, for some reason when I told my mother, and every time we saw the commercial she insisted that it sounded nothing like The Count.

cjd874

Reaction score
I honestly can't stand how President Trump runs his mouth. First he attacked his opponents and groups he didn't like, then he spread false claims about being wire tapped, and now he's sticking his nose into the NFL's affairs. It's bad enough that Facebook is involved with the Russia scandal, yet Twitter didn't want to remove his latest North Korea tweet because it was "newsworthy." When are the government AND these social media companies going to get it together? Give me a sign when they do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both of my parents have been diagnosed with diabetes, however, knowing how they both scarf down the sweets, it really doesn't surprise me a whole lot that this has happened.

Though, at the same time, it amazes me how my dad somehow always manages to stay skin and bones despite all the junk he eats all the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Monster University ends with Sully realizing that while Mike isn't scary, he is a good scare leader. This leads to them working at Monsters, Inc. as a scare team, with Mike at the doors, telling Sully how to scare kids. By the events of the first movie, it seems all the scarers have an assistant/teacher. But in Monsters University, before they get their jobs, I don't think they ever establish the concept of duos working together as a scare team. The two scenes at Monsters, Inc. don't show any of the scarers having any assistants (that I recall), after the two get expelled Sully mentions this idea to Mike.

With this in mind, it would be great to see a movie taking place between these two that shows how the idea of a scare team/leader came about.

Also, scaring kids is clearly one of the most dangerous jobs for a monster, it requires a college education, and yet Mike and Sully seem to eventually get their job without a college education (or maybe they do go to another college and we just don't see it).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMG, yes!

http://www.theatermania.com/broadwa...nt-do-stars-deserve-applause-just-_82536.html

I've said this before! There are a number of live-audience shows on TV that are notorious for this! SANFORD AND SON is probably one of the worst offenders: every single actor on the show is met with an explosion of applause and cheering at their first entrance in every episode! The actors always just stand there and idle about until the audience settles down and resumes the scene.

At least SEINFELD wised up and told the audience to stop doing that everytime Kramer entered.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't sure which thread to put this in but... remember this commercial:
I hadn't seen it in about ten years, and looking back it's even more odd than I originally thought. First of all, if the mom says they've eaten Chef Boyardee every night of the week. Who does that? And if they have eaten it every day, why is the kid so depressed about not having any that day? Second, why was that can so determined to let that girl eat it, is it suicidal? The only thing that's gonna happen is, they'll use a can opener to crack it open, and than empty it's contents, and the can will be thrown into the trash and get crushed. None of that sounds pleasant for the can. Next, the mother clearly told the girl no more Chef Boyardee, at the store, yet the can just conveniently showed up at their house;isn't that kind of suspicious? Will the mom think her daughter shoplifted?
Will the girl get help for her Chef Boyardee problem? So many questions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From now on, the 1998-2001 SST opening theme is going to send shivers down my spine since they opened and closed the SST cast Q&A panel at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo with the instrumental score for that version of the theme.