Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, is the 2015 show on Netflix at all? I never bothered to check it out until 2 years later.

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Favorite Steve moment? Most of them - I shouldn't be saying that as a BIG fan of him/his work myself, but there was one moment that I found less than pleasing (*see below).

Least favorite moment? I know he was just going off of a script, but I remember him saying some disgusting things in 'Swamp Years', both as Kermit and the Jackrabbit (*shudder*). Again, I'm fully aware he wasn't actually saying that stuff as himself, but that sort of humor...it's totally unlike him (or maybe weak direction/writing is to blame). That aside, I also obviously didn't like when he got fired. Still mad about that now (judge all you want!)

*Is the fridge joke still going? If so, whose fridge is everyone in now, and is there room for one more?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Favorite Steve moment? Most of them - I shouldn't be saying that as a BIG fan of him/his work myself, but there was one moment that I found less than pleasing (*see below).

Least favorite moment? I know he was just going off of a script, but I remember him saying some disgusting things in 'Swamp Years', both as Kermit and the Jackrabbit (*shudder*). Again, I'm fully aware he wasn't actually saying that stuff as himself, but that sort of humor...it's totally unlike him (or maybe weak direction/writing is to blame). That aside, I also obviously didn't like when he got fired. Still mad about that now (judge all you want!)

*Is the fridge joke still going? If so, whose fridge is everyone in now, and is there room for one more?
I don’t want the fridge joke to go on anymore. Sorry.

jobi71

Reaction score
I don’t want the fridge joke to go on anymore. Sorry.
As one of the perpetrators of the joke I agree. It seemed like the heat on the pot was set too high and it was ready to boil over. I thought a brief diversion would allow it to return to simmer. It was not my intent to hijack or diminish the thread. It is an important topic. One with passion on all sides. I just thought a little "breather" was needed, and hoped folks would enjoy the side bar.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
As one of the perpetrators of the joke I agree. It seemed like the heat on the pot was set too high and it was ready to boil over. I thought a brief diversion would allow it to return to simmer. It was not my intent to hijack or diminish the thread. It is an important topic. One with passion on all sides. I just thought a little "breather" was needed, and hoped folks would enjoy the side bar.
Let's just get back on topic right now and talk about what this thread really means here, which is about Steve Whitmire.