Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know I'm late to the discussion but..

Favorite Steve Whitmire Performance: Muppet Treasure Island, 2011 Movie, Muppets Most Wanted, and the ending of the 2015 show.

Least Favorite: Ehhh..Wizard of Oz and Kermit's Swamp Years. I found Kermit to be a bit annoying in MWOO, but then again that movie isn't perfect so..I can't really blame his performance, just the writing lol. I loved him in Swamp Years when he sang the Pets Song. Anything else I just can't watch in that movie lol.
Favortie: Gosh, there were so many. I definitely liked "Love Led Us Here" from MT, and his duet with the Great Gonzo of "Everyone Matters" in VMX. I also liked him singing "Feels Like Christmas" at Disney World.

Least Favorite: I guess I wasn't fond of his "wish I'd never been born" outburst in VMX, it did seem a bit out of character for :smile: but again, I know that was basically a Wonderful Life parody.

Banjo man

Reaction score
I know I'm late to the discussion but..

Favorite Steve Whitmire Performance: Muppet Treasure Island, 2011 Movie, Muppets Most Wanted, and the ending of the 2015 show.

Least Favorite: Ehhh..Wizard of Oz and Kermit's Swamp Years. I found Kermit to be a bit annoying in MWOO, but then again that movie isn't perfect so..I can't really blame his performance, just the writing lol. I loved him in Swamp Years when he sang the Pets Song. Anything else I just can't watch in that movie lol.
Favorite Steve Whitmire Performance:That is a good question. I honestly like his performances in the Muppets (2011) and in the Muppet Christmas Carol.Those are my favorite performances by Steve as Kermit

Least Favorite:I honestly did not like Steve's performance in the Muppets (2015 show).Way to out of character for me.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought. I still blame the writers for that, though.
Yeah, the writing was the problem and not the performance, but I specifically said the ending, as in the last episode because the character development was really good and the performance was so powerful, but that's to me haha.

We've had this discussion before, so I'm not gonna repeat myself lol.