Bill Murray voicing Garfield

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
But that would be a breakthrough...and possibly a bad movie.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
But that would be a breakthrough...and possibly a bad movie.
ya, i mean i don't know to many people would buy into having real animals and cgi humans....the idea is to risky..

ryan

Beakie

Reaction score
Whoa, I always thought Nermal was a girl. I'm not a very big Garfield fan though.. Anyway I hate movies where any cartoon characters are anything other than cartoons... not sure why... it just doesn't seem right to me... even if it's a good movie otherwise, them not being cartoons (and often being pretty ridiculous-looking) distracts me too much, and they don't seem like the same character... but if they're going to make Garfield cgi, at least all the other animals should be cgi too... it would be too weird for him to be the only cgi character, why should he be so different from everyone else, even Odie?

pezbalubah

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
ya, i mean i don't know to many people would buy into having real animals and cgi humans....the idea is to risky..

ryan
or what if they used the real Garfield and they CG'd the audience?

dwmckim

Reaction score
If a movie was ever made of Calvin & Hobbes, i would only see it if it was total animation - a large part of C&H's humor was the absolutely spot-on drawings and priceless expressions BW got out of his characters - the writing and the drawings really enhanced and brought out the best in each other so if you took away one, the other wouldn't work as well - that and the cartoon seemed to lend itself so well to being animated in motion form that if a C&H film was greenlighted it would be a shame for it to be anything other than animated...

...but if course if you REALLY want a live action C&H with some JHC involvement, one could always watch Living With Dinosaurs to hold them over...

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Spaceman Spiff meets Stupendous Man!!!

Calvin and Hobbes the movie would rock! But only animation. WB might pull it off but for some reason I can only picture Fox's before the film. Disney might wreck the humor (maybe) but they have the best animation. Possible plots?

1.Calvin runs away from home and finds out he needs his parents. This plot
can make good use of Calvin's wagon(the only things he takes with him is
a sandwich and candy bars, his box, a toy gun, Hobbes and his wagon).
There can be a nice scene where these black wild dogs attack him and
him walking through a busy town and a crowded city.
2.After acting up in school and at home, Mrs.Wormwood and Calvin's parents
decide Calvin should go to military boot camp. He eventually fits in and later
escapes. When showing Calvin acting up they should show classic comic
images like faces in front of the camera, etc. The thing that should really be
there is the NOODLE INCIDENT:shown as the world's biggest food fight.
I gotta tell this to Disney.....

- :wink:

Super Penguin!!!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Wow, 5 months and nine days after the last post. You must've been bored. :wink: