Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Closed captions for anything SST never match the actual dialogue that's being spoken . . . I guess whoever does the captioning figure little kids can't real full and complete sentences yet, so they just overly simplify the lines for them.
Well, it's certainly less irritating then what the blind kids have to endure with those audio descriptions. :stick_out_tongue:

Y'know, when I was little I always assumed that Alan had a receding hairline. But, his hair has looked like that for the almost 20 years he's been on the show and it doesn't appear to have changed. I guess he just has a large forehead. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Y'know, when I was little I always assumed that Alan had a receding hairline. But, his hair has looked like that for the almost 20 years he's been on the show and it doesn't appear to have changed. I guess he just has a large forehead. :smirk:
Sure it's changed: it's gotten grayer in recent years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sure it's changed: it's gotten grayer in recent years.
But he still doesn't appear to be going bald.

Slightly off topic but, I have a friend who's only seventeen and he's already going bald. Poor guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've heard about certain people going bald at really young ages, but I've also heard about other people who go completely gray at young ages too.

I'm not sure about the balding factor, but I heartell people with darker hair tend to gray younger and faster than people who have lighter/blonder hair. I guess that explains why a lot of people with dark hair seem to get gray sideburns in such a short time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've heard about certain people going bald at really young ages, but I've also heard about other people who go completely gray at young ages too.

I'm not sure about the balding factor, but I heartell people with darker hair tend to gray younger and faster than people who have lighter/blonder hair. I guess that explains why a lot of people with dark hair seem to get gray sideburns in such a short time.
Sadly started to grey by 19. :smirk: and college certainly took a toll on it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not much of a "little" thing, but uh.... I was watching the In/Out Disco skit with the monsters, and listening to Harry Monster's voice, I used to think it was Jerry Nelson, but now it actually sounds like Michael Earl when I listen more closely (unless my ears are playing tricks on me).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where else to put this, but it is something that came into mind...

If you think about the vocal range for the Frazzletones, you could essentially have a Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats song, putting aside the obvious fact that one of the members looks like Little Chrissy:

Blue monster - Little Chrissy

Lavender monster - Lavender Alphabeat

Maurice - Green Alphabet

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before in another thread, but it seems like the Monotones were a lot more gender-neutral in the first few seasons, in that they could be either male or female, depending on who was performing them. Chrissy seemed to go back and forth the most since it wasn't uncommon for him to be performed by Fran or even Caroll using a feminine voice, but I'm fairly sure that even Rockin' Richard, for whatever reason, was female in at least one number. There was an occasion where Fran even performed Little Jerry (because Jerry Nelson was doing Big Jeffy in the bit), but only uttered one line in a really flat, deadpan voice, so it's a lot more ambiguous.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I def think Jerry and Chrissy could be gender neutral since the former was performed by Fran in the Grover "walk" skit, occasionally had a higher voice and was referred to as a girl on Shalhom Sesame and the latter had a feminine look in earlier appearances (namely Mad, where we can assume based on the appearance the vocals from Fran were intended for him, not to mention how even more girly his voice was in the album version, and listening more carefully, it actually sounds like Carroll alongside Chris Cerf and, of course, Moss). Richard however I don't think can be considered gender neutral unless you mean the (slightly) feminine voice Carroll gave him in "Surprise!"

On another "Frazzle" note, I looked carefully at Maurice, and it looks like he was still made from a Green Anything Muppet before being fully built by (I'm guessing) the late 70's. I noticed what looks like the shape of the green mouth sticking out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and go for a more accurate thing and say, these guys weren't intended to be anything more than a one-time group that was visually interesting and then they're like "Hey, this song is good! Let's put it on an album and make up a name for these guys."