And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Look: I don't deny that I very much have man-child tendancies. Perhaps not to the extent of, say, Pee-wee Herman, or Ernest P. Worrell, but I mean I still watch cartoons and kids shows (like SST, obviously), I still occasionally collect toys, and if I have extra freetime, I also dabble in fanfiction or fan art (but that's seldom). Despite all that, even I think Trump needs to grow the **** up already. He's 70, fer cryin' out loud. My dad is older than him! Trump wanted to be president, well, he is, so act like it! Stop throwing little baby temper tantrums over everything! You already started your own fake news channel because you everybody else is "fake news," you don't need to try to completely shut down NBC for repeating something you said that you lie and say you didn't say.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm not up to date with the Mueller situation, but I do appreciate that he's trying his darnedest to find evidence of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign.
I would disagree with you here. Perhaps it's just semantics but I don't think it's Mueller's job to try his hardest to find collusion. It's his job to find the truth, wherever that may lead to.

cjd874

Reaction score
I would disagree with you here. Perhaps it's just semantics but I don't think it's Mueller's job to try his hardest to find collusion. It's his job to find the truth, wherever that may lead to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller#2017_appointment_as_special_counsel
Mueller is overseeing the investigation into Russian collusion...so technically, it is his job to find evidence of collusion. Plus, he used to work for the FBI, so he is more than capable of finding the truth.

I think we can both agree that in these times, the truth is important more than ever...not just for political issues, but for LIFE in general. The American public wants to know what the heck is going on, and why the White House seems to be acting so shady. With Mueller leading the investigation, I think that the truth will be revealed...and it will put the Trump administration in a VERY bad situation. That's all I will say on this matter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Trump and his supporters are still too obsessed with that story Breitbart cooked up about Obama wiretapping Trump Tower, despite Trump's very own investigation turning up absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller#2017_appointment_as_special_counsel
Mueller is overseeing the investigation into Russian collusion...so technically, it is his job to find evidence of collusion. Plus, he used to work for the FBI, so he is more than capable of finding the truth.

I think we can both agree that in these times, the truth is important more than ever...not just for political issues, but for LIFE in general. The American public wants to know what the heck is going on, and why the White House seems to be acting so shady. With Mueller leading the investigation, I think that the truth will be revealed...and it will put the Trump administration in a VERY bad situation. That's all I will say on this matter.
Like I said, it's probably just semantics and not worth arguing about, but Mueller's job is to find whether collusion occurred or not.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Shady goings-on in the White House is nothing new. Every administration has had their scandals and cover-ups. or something else would come up to divert attention from real issues and- GUESS WHAT!!!! keep people on both sides fighting with each other so they continue with their vendettas, shenanigans, and crooked business.
Nixon had Watergate. Reagan had the whole Iran-Contra thing blow up in his face, cleverly masked by his onset of Alzheimer's, so he could plea, "I don't remember saying that..."
Bush Senior, "Read my lips! NO NEW TAXES!!!!"
Bill Clinton said he didn't have any contact with Monica Lewinsky, so his word is his bond, right? (Ironically enough, Clinton was spouting in 1994 about cracking down on illegal immigrants and "Making America great again", and his ideals were met with universal applause).
George Dubya sending new generations of troops over to Iraq to get rid of bin-Laden and Saddam Hussein, but also to protect his family's own oil interests.

Jimmy Carter was a crappy president. During his four years, the economy sucked and he botched the whole deal with Iran holding Americans hostage. Since leaving office, he has redeemed himself with his humanitarian efforts. But at the time, Americans were scratching their heads thinking, "How did this Bozo become president?" Not the last time that question would be asked.

With Trump, everything has become so murky, the best I can do is stand back and wait a while (it might take years) for the dust to settle and the smoke to clear.
Obama? He came in having to dig out from under Dubya's mess. But I don't think he left with the cleanest of hands either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, Trump seems to have finally taken a break from his campaign trail, but he's still shirking his responsibilities regardless. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, he was officially beneath being a piece of ****, but now that he's deciding he needs to pull FEMA out of Puerto Rico because, "we can't help them forever," he's now beneath being beneath being a piece of ****.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I see so many false equivalences made. The Russian involvement in the last election is unprecedented. We also know the campaign, including Donald Trump Jr., was at least peripherally involved in an attempt to get some dirt on the Democrats. Whether that rises to the level of collusion and if that is actionable are things left up to the investigators or the courts, but the President's denials and attempts to shut down the investigations appear to be rather telling to me. We'll have to wait and see. I don't want to see this country damaged any more than it is. I don't know if things will be worse with Trump or with the impeachment of Trump. At this point, America has just gone bananas.

One distinct thing comes to mind when parsing the differences between Republicans and Democrats these days. Do you remember John Edwards? Politically, he's everything progressives could want, but we all turned our backs on him when his shenanigans came to light. Our party had suffered through Bill Clinton and didn't want any more of that malarkey. When Trump's shenanigans and criminal behavior (yes, defrauding students at a fake college is criminal - he just settled so it wouldn't go that far) and even worse behavior came to light, none of it mattered. "Aw, he's just a man." "Oh, his joking about forced rape is just locker room talk!"Um...no it isn't and Trump is not some jock hanging around in locker rooms. My gawd, look at that guy. He's never jogged around the block once in his life. Just saying, the "locker room" thing is just at tag line intended to give him an excuse and swagger that he doesn't deserve and he hasn't earned. This difference here is not nothing. Both the parties have a long way to go, but we moved forward while conservatives keep rocking backwards.

Even though I think the Conservative ideals, the GOP platform and Trump's platform (actually three distinctively different things) are incorrect, I'm not really as angry over that. I can respectfully disagree with much of that much of the time. What I cannot abide is this grotesque person, Donald J. Trump, and his reprehensible behavior. He's cruel, he's a liar and a bully. There's no excuse for that no matter what his views. I have not seen an American candidate be as horrible as he is in my lifetime. I'm confounded by the reasoning and excuses made for him. Would all of y'all be making them if he were a Democrat? He was just that less than a decade ago and I wouldn't have supported him then either.