Apple butter ever used in a preschool?

salemfan

Reaction score
Now that I understand that apple butter is not at all like peanut butter, but almond butter, cashew butter, walnut butter, pecan butter, and macadamia nut butter are (those are too common allergens to be used in a preschool), have any preschools ever had sunflower seed butter (one brand is Sunbutter) or soy butter (one brand is Wowbutter)? Kids may be accustomed to eating soy butter and sunflower seed butter at home. Wowbutter jars include labels to affix to a plastic bag that say "Made with Wowbutter" because of kids who don't have peanut allergies not being allowed to bring peanut butter to school. Sunbutter has also aimed its product at being brought to school by kids who don't have peanut allergies that aren't allowed to bring peanut butter to school.

Last edited:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
This is the first I've ever heard of it. I remember driving up to the orchard when I was a kid and my grandmother would get peaches, and jars of apple butter. Good stuff.

Oh, and peanut butter in schools? Hah! What a bizarre concept! It should be outlawed not only in schools, but EVERYwhere as well! (no, I'm not being serious. If peanut butter was outlawed, I'd go nuts (pardon the pun) because I could not live without Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!)

salemfan

Reaction score
This is the first I've ever heard of it. I remember driving up to the orchard when I was a kid and my grandmother would get peaches, and jars of apple butter. Good stuff.

Oh, and peanut butter in schools? Hah! What a bizarre concept! It should be outlawed not only in schools, but EVERYwhere as well! (no, I'm not being serious. If peanut butter was outlawed, I'd go nuts (pardon the pun) because I could not live without Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!)
It's the allergies that have prompted schools to prohibit nut products.

salemfan

Reaction score
But back to my question, have any preschools or day care centers had sunflower seed butter or soy butter when providing food for the kids?