Questions about anything

mr3urious

Reaction score
Frankly, from the girl scouts i've known (and from scouting/ going to my sister's meetings) I think Boy Scouts is just all around better. I mean, the organization as a whole has had a few glaring problems, but Boy Scouts seems to teach more practical skills. Girl Scouts does too, but they seem to put more emphasis on "girlie" things, which is partially why so many girls prefer Boy Scouts. Now, i'm not saying that they should do away with Girl Scouts altogether, boys and girls sometimes need time to be separate ; but if the group wants to survive they're going to need a less outdated model.
If the Girl Scouts sell cookies, I think the Boy Scouts should sell jerky. Feels appropriate, don'cha think? :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Boy Scouts already sell those giant tins of assorted popcorn flavors, so. . . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I remember going into the boy scouts just so I could get the opportunity to be inside a dunk tank.... Never happened. :frown:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, here's a good question.

Is anybody else like, just ready for this year to be over? Cause I feel like these last couple months have just involved me trying to fix up my personality, because all the stress I dealt with in college and the political **** just made me a real ****hole throughout 2016.... Heck, I feel like late 2015 is when my personality started to go down the toilet (which would make sense, since I feel like politics really started to kick in at that time, and I was also starting bachelor's as well).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Is Hooper's Store a bodega?
Could be. Bodegas or tiendas are little grocery stores that do sell small quantities of staples- milk, eggs, meat, fruits and vegetables, etc. Usually Spanish-run. Their inventory is pretty small, since in Manhattan, most kitchens are very small. And because there are so many restaurants on every block, it's easier to eat out than eat in.

How many times has Jerry Seinfeld actually cooked anything? Besides cold cereal.

Plus in Manhattan, there are no large supermarket chains (back in the 70's/80's, there was D'Agastino's, but only a handful of locations). Because of the limited amount of space. The rent on a 10,000 share foot store would be astronomical.
Actually, the closest thing to a supermarket is there is a Duane Reade pharmacy on practically every corner, with a somewhat decent grocery section.

But before I go off too far, yes, Hooper's can be a bodega. Besides the fact he had a lunch counter and a soda fountain, he did sell the basic necessities too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How many times has Jerry Seinfeld actually cooked anything? Besides cold cereal.
Well, there was that time that he was waiting for corporate Kramer to come home for a chicken dinner for two.

KRAMER: You cooked?
JERRY: I ordered out, but it's still effort.

gravy

Reaction score
Why should it be that the fish in the sea are all unable to sing?

Do pandas know that bamboo is not orange, but in fact, bamboo?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is "meta" pronounced "met-a" or "mait-a"? I always assumed the latter because "beta" is pronounced "bait-a," but I notice almost everybody pronounces the former.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is "meta" pronounced "met-a" or "mait-a"? I always assumed the latter because "beta" is pronounced "bait-a," but I notice almost everybody pronounces the former.
Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's the first one.

I have a question: On Higglytown Heroes all the characters are Russian dolls, so they can literally hop inside each other whenever they like. Yet, I recall an episode where one of the kids' aunts was pregnant. How would pregnancy even work in their world?