Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
On the front page, from left to right, the guest stars are Alessia Cara, John Legend, and Kate McKinnon.

Yep, it looks like they're continuing the tradition of SNL cast members playing Mother Goose.

Meanwhile, they've added Rudy to their list of main Muppets.
I know who the first two are, but didn’t know who the last one was, so thank you.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So I guess the big deal about scaling back on celebrities was all hearsay and conjecture, because it seems like SST has made no effort at all to carry that out.
Considering there used to be a new celebrity guest in every episode (the Word of the Day) on top of other guests doing street stories / songs / skits, this is definitely scaled back.

Compare season 45's slate of 38 guest stars vs. season 48's 9. "Scaling back" does not translate directly to "removing all together."

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This is what The Magical Wand Chase will be about.

While taking her friends on a magical hot air balloon ride, Abby Cadabby loses her wand to a curious bird, voiced by [Elizabeth] Banks. Without Abby’s wand, they can’t get back to Sesame Street. A chase ensues!

Pursuing the bird in their hot air balloon, Abby and the gang visit new neighborhoods and discover new foods, music, and languages. Best of all, they make new friends who help them find the missing wand and show them the way back home. Who knew there was so much to discover just around the corner?

The Magical Wand Chase is deeply connected to this season’s respect and understanding curriculum, using the tapestry of the city to show kids that kindness is universal and new friends can be found anywhere. (It also marks the first time the show has shot a feature-length special on location since 1994!)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
New trailer:
I really like Eric's Oscar voice. It sounds very sly and smart alecky.
Also, looks like Gonger's not the only international character this season, Chamki from Galli Galli Sim Sim is also making an appearance.

And speaking of Gonger, here's an entire episode of the new segment:
I like it. I also think the theme song is pretty catchy, Gong and Cookie's voices don't exactly harmonize too well, but it's definitely one of the show's cathier songs recently.

Here's Leon Bridges' song. It's about being thankful, so i'm sure it's probably in the season premiere, which is a Thanksgiving episode:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
New trailer:
I really like Eric's Oscar voice. It sounds very sly and smart alecky.
Also, looks like Gonger's not the only international character this season, Chamki from Galli Galli Sim Sim is also making an appearance.

And speaking of Gonger, here's an entire episode of the new segment:
I like it. I also think the theme song is pretty catchy, Gong and Cookie's voices don't exactly harmonize too well, but it's definitely one of the show's cathier songs recently.

Here's Leon Bridges' song. It's about being thankful, so i'm sure it's probably in the season premiere, which is a Thanksgiving episode:
So no more Caroll anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.