Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood

abiraniriba

Reaction score
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I was a fan of Fred when I was a kid and I happened to be lucky enough to meet him and some of his costars as an adult when they came to New York to do an appearance at the MT&R. Also as a Bible-believing Christian, it intrigues me that the man was an ordained minister. My favorite character of his from the Neighborhood of Make-Believe was Lady Elaine Fairchild.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ooh, I net Mr. McFeely when I was four! He gave me and autograph picture of Mr. Rodgers and told us what nest week episode was going to be aboutm and he was right, too! I have really never stop whaching his show. I whach it when ever I can, hehe!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Mr. Rogers' was wonderful, the perfect compliment to the craziness of Sesame Street. People will forever connect the two (i.e. Chevy Chase quoting him in Follow That Bird).

Mr. Rogers' never changed, never lost its quality. He seemed to genuniely care about his audience and want them to be better people and have confidence in themselves. But the puppets also added a much needed light hearted touch.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember this was my most favorite week of classic Mister Rogers episodes. Mainly in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, Lady Elaine decides to use her Boomerang-Toomerang-Soomerang to make the neighborhood different, by rearranging all the buildings and covering the castle with funky wallpaper. Lady Elaine loved the changes, but everybody hated them. Especially King Friday who got a big surprise when he found his entrance covered with wallpaper and I thought it was funny the way he busted through the paper.

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

part 4:

part 5:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Has anybody here seen Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood? It's basically a modernized cartoon version of Mr. Rogers featuring a cute talking tiger. I haven't seen much of it but I do like how it's animated. Because although I always liked the good messages the show had and the positive, gentle attitude of Mr. Rogers as a person, I've always found the puppets kinda creepy. They aren't Muppet-y I can tell you that. So if you take away the one thing about the show that me (and probably many others over the years) have found offputting, you end up with a really cute, enjoyable kid show :smile:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Is Mister Rogers no longer airing in New Hampshire anymore?
I don't think it's airing anywhere anymore. I don't know that for sure, though. Truthfully, I only watched Mister Rogers' Neighborhood for the Neighborhood of Make Believe segments. My favorites were Henrietta Pussycat and Daniel Tiger (big surprise, right?)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't think it's airing anywhere anymore. I don't know that for sure, though. Truthfully, I only watched Mister Rogers' Neighborhood for the Neighborhood of Make Believe segments. My favorites were Henrietta Pussycat and Daniel Tiger (big surprise, right?)
KET shows it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to meet David Newell (Mr. McFeeley). Very nice guy.
One guy who used to be a stagehand on the show (mostly in charge of cueing up the films for Picture Picture) was Michael Keaton. Batman Himself.

Mr. Rogers had everything going for it. Fred's gentle delivery, deliberately slow pace, John Costa's jazzy arrangements (Joe Raposo would've been proud... or green with envy), and the fantastic citizens of the Neighborhood of Make Believe.

Mr. Rogers was around even longer than Sesame Street, and the shows complemented each other quite well.

And just like today (tv needs to keep a show like this on the air), childhood would have been inconceivable without him. Fred Rogers was the real deal.