Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Any Del

Reaction score
Just check my email this morning and oh boy.... this is seriously not good. I've received a copyright STRIKE from Sesame Workshop and #4034 was taken down. Not only that but a letter from Sesame Workshop themselves! The letter says, "Dear Youtube user,

We've noticed that you and a few others have uploaded Sesame Street content. If you want to upload any of our content you MUST get our permission first. Any of your deleted videos will be put on Dvds in the near future. If we catch you and or other Youtubers uploading our content without permission, you all accounts will be permanently disabled. I bid you all a good day."
Sesame Workshop

Now I'm putting most of my uploads to private. I'm not finished yet but boy oh boy my heart dropped after reading that... :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Setting your uploads as private won't help - YouTube's copyright system can still identify copyrighted material regardless of what the privacy settings of the video are.

That being said, are you sure about that email you got from Sesame Workshop? Doesn't sound too legit to me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's probably because people like you, Rohail and others who post actual full episodes why SW now has a stick up their *** about ANYTHING from them being posted online. The fact that TheOriginalTellyMonster got a copyright strike (and possibly Nanto as well from what it sounds like) from posting just segments alone pretty much says SW is now realizing how ungrateful some fans can be from not listening to their demands of no full episodes.

Any Del

Reaction score
Setting your uploads as private won't help - YouTube's copyright system can still identify copyrighted material regardless of what the privacy settings of the video are.

That being said, are you sure about that email you got from Sesame Workshop? Doesn't sound too legit to me.
That email WAS from Sesame Workshop. 8 Months ago I've asked them a question about dishing out strikes and they finally responded.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Just check my email this morning and oh boy.... this is seriously not good. I've received a copyright STRIKE from Sesame Workshop and #4034 was taken down. Not only that but a letter from Sesame Workshop themselves! The letter says, "Dear Youtube user,

We've noticed that you and a few others have uploaded Sesame Street content. If you want to upload any of our content you MUST get our permission first. Any of your deleted videos will be put on Dvds in the near future. If we catch you and or other Youtubers uploading our content without permission, you all accounts will be permanently disabled. I bid you all a good day."
Sesame Workshop

Now I'm putting most of my uploads to private. I'm not finished yet but boy oh boy my heart dropped after reading that... :frown:
I knew that would be coming.:wink:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm with Snowth here. Usually when companies (including SW) issue emails answering questions, or giving warnings, the wording is usually a bit more distant and formal. Plus, there's a lot of typos.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Any,

Why don't you just take a screenshot of the email and show it here?