Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Any Del

Reaction score
I'll try but today is not my day. Now #4046 re-uploaded has been blocked even though I ain't even finished deleting them... (Sigh) Well, it was fun while it lasted. :frown:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pfft. If y'all want the episodes to stay, just give em to Rohail considering he seems to be so privileged with uploading the episodes. :rolleyes:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's a very confusing time right now. I'm not sure what the motives are, especially because it's more than full length episodes being taken down. I've yet to notice anything of mine being removed. It's possible something has, but my account is linked to a defunct email from high school, so if I've been getting emails about it, I wouldn't have seen 'em.

If it were just full episodes, I could understand. You're not able to do that with movies and other shows; Sesame shouldn't be any different just because they're a non-profit. Also #4046 is on a commercially availible DVD, so, no duh it gets removed.

It's great that we've been able to see and share these videos so long without much repercussion. But always remember - Sesame Workshop owns all this content, not you or anyone else. And YouTube is not meant to host content that isn't yours. It sucks they're cracking down on this a little, yes, but really, it's not like you couldn't have seen this coming eventually.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's a very confusing time right now. I'm not sure what the motives are, especially because it's more than full length episodes being taken down. I've yet to notice anything of mine being removed. It's possible something has, but my account is linked to a defunct email from high school, so if I've been getting emails about it, I wouldn't have seen 'em.

If it were just full episodes, I could understand. You're not able to do that with movies and other shows; Sesame shouldn't be any different just because they're a non-profit. Also #4046 is on a commercially availible DVD, so, no duh it gets removed.

It's great that we've been able to see and share these videos so long without much repercussion. But always remember - Sesame Workshop owns all this content, not you or anyone else. And YouTube is not meant to host content that isn't yours. It sucks they're cracking down on this a little, yes, but really, it's not like you couldn't have seen this coming eventually.
You're not wrong. It does suck that Sesame Workshop now seems to be bugged (possibly) from seeing just standalone segments alone (episodes I can understand why, but standalone did surprise me) up online, so much after 11 years of being fine; dunno if it has to do with possible change of employees or some ungrateful fans just milking everything for it's worth (*cough* Rohail *cough*), but.... End of the day, what can ya do?

However, I will say at the same time, I do have some pet peeves with it. While I can respect the possibility Sesame Workshop may be heading down the direction of not wanting their standalone segments uploaded anymore, at the same time, sometimes it doesn't help that some skits like music covers will never see the light of day again because of greedy music estate holders (or even rights to songs that are hard to find), some won't see the light of day again because of stupid soccer mom's who probably spoil their kids to death (which is why some skits like "I want a Monster to be My Friend" ain't coming back again), with the other possibility that some skits won't be seen again because of parents complaining their kids are confused (*cough* pre-Elmo clips *cough*); okay, I might be putting false assumptions against Sesame Workshop, but when it comes to pre-Elmo stuff, this is the vibe I got from them, and also the fact that sometimes alot of TBT clips have the beginning or ending cut off. I don't mind if it's a few seconds cut where characters aren't speaking, but when actual dialouge is cut, that's where I get a little bugged.

I dunno, end of the day though those are just my own SesameStreetfanproblems.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as standalone and individual inserts go, I have to say, YouTube has been a saving grace in that department, and sawing14s has perhaps been the biggest champion this, because thanks to him, I've been able to see certain inserts again that memories of were so vague nobody else knew what I was talking about.

Case in point: I remember among my early years here at MC, I tried to jog people's memories of a particular insert I remember seeing approximately once as a tot but it was engraved in the back of my mind. In said insert, I remember Cookie Monster was sleeping over with Ernie and got afraid of seeing things in the dark and crashed through the door when running away. Unfortunately, people here weren't exactly sure what I was talking about, because apparently Cookie often spent the night with Ernie, so I could have been talking about any number of inserts (and nobody remembered the one I had described); but sure enough, ten years ago, sawing14s uploaded it, and it's still up to this day:

And just as I had remembered it from my toddler memory, Cookie Monster was afraid of what looked like a scary monster, but was actually a shaggy blanket, and he left a self-shaped whole in the door.

So yeah, despite the fact that none of us have any permission to upload anything SST related (Shane may or may not have a free pass since they actually know he's MarshalGrover and pretty much the leading SST expert on the internet), YouTube has still been a wonderful tool for us Sesame fans to relive certain moments buried deep within the bowels of our memories. To a lesser extent, the Twin Beaks Monsterpiece Theater is another such for me: like the above-mentioned insert, this one I also only remember seeing approximately once as a tot, but it stuck in my mind because of the creepy/scary-sounding music cue used in it, and Cookie actually playing a major role in it as well (I mean how often did he do that?)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Boober_Gorg/sawing was certainly my favorite Sesame Street uploader back in the day (bringing in a Little Jerry song I thought I'd never see, both How Now songs, D Duah Duah, many Sesame Street News skits..... And of course, NTV with Nick Normal and the Nickmatics), and I'm thankful he (along with everyone else who contributed, including myself) brought all these wonderful clips on the site before the Workshop brought in their own channel and website (I still am disappointed alot of stuff is now gone on SS.org, but it seems to me like since 2011 alot of classic material wasn't uploaded as much on there; pitty), which definitely surprised me but I was also pleased. It is a shame it feels like most of us have pretty much "retired" from uploading clips, but really, we uploaded what we had.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm actually in the mood to make some first world Sesame Street fan problem memes...

Hope y'all got some popcorn ready. :big_grin: