The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My mom is so funny! This past week, we've been counting down to the new season of Robot Chicken premiere on Sunday like it's a holiday. She wrote me a note a few mornings ago that read
"Seven days until Robot Chicken" with a smiley face on it and even wrote it on the calendar. Earlier today, we were at Gamestop and the cashier heard my mom quoting a Robot Chicken episode. She laughed really hard and said,
"That's awesome. You'll rarely hear someone's mom quote THAT show," or something along those lines. So yeah, she's got a great sense of humor :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was thinking about this old running gag throughout my videos that I highly doubt anyone has picked up on to this day. Back when I was reading The Last of the Mohicans in school, I thought of a funny way to reference the book in a somewhat subtle fashion. The story had two girls named Cora and Alice in it and I started a running gag in my Animutations of showing Coraline from the Tim Burton movie of the same name next to Alice from Alice in Wonderland which would make Alice and Cora. But because Coraline is basically a darker version of Alice in Wonderland, I have a feeling that most people thought I was comparing the films rather than making this little recurring in joke. I feel kind of silly for thinking people would ever understand that one now lol

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
So, I've talked about this before but, in Spanish, Kermit's name is: La Rana René (René is a boy's name in Spanish) but, 'rana' is a word with a feminine ending despite René being a boy's name which explains that Kermit is still a guy in either language. Now, in English, Renée is girl's name...

When I was little, I misunderstood this all and thought Kermit was a girl and I would dress my Kermit plush doll in a dress...

My abuela watches Dancing With the Stars and I said I wanted to watch only for Kermit, we're talking, I said "Kermit is the best Muppet guy ever!"

Without missing a beat, she turns to me and goes "Kermit's not a girl...?"

She then went on saying that I used to put him in a dress so, she thought he was a girl but, I think she was just messing with me. Either way, I am laughing my butt off :laugh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Jaime the Spanish equivilent of James in English? And isn't it pronounced "Hi-meh" with a harsh/throaty accent on the 'H'? I know some people use it as a spelling variation of "Jamie," which is a unisex name.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Jaime the Spanish equivilent of James in English? And isn't it pronounced "Hi-meh" with a harsh/throaty accent on the 'H'? I know some people use it as a spelling variation of "Jamie," which is a unisex name.
Yes, Jaime is the Spanish equivalent of James and is pronounced as you wrote, however, just because the English version of 'Jaime' is unisex doesn't make it unisex in Spanish, it isn't. It's James in Spanish, that's it. English and Spanish are two very different ball games.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
There was an 8 month old kitty at the shelter today and two people came in to look at the cats. He kept rubbing against them, and would not leave these two alone. They put in an application for him.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This hilarious short documentary from the Happy Tree Friends people about whether they think they've ever crossed the line on the series
I find this especially funny because a while back, one of my friends said that HTF is the most controversial cartoon of all time. Seriously........cool story bro (sorry about my use of outdated Internet slang, but still). To show how silly that statement sounded to me. Let's compare the pilot episodes of both HTF and Family Guy for sh*t and giggles (no pun intended)

Family Guy Pilot Episode (Scenes That Probably Went Too Far):
-A "Jemima's witness" shows up at Peter's door and offers him pancakes (Racist, check. Religious, check. That's two touchy subjects in one already and we're not even 30 seconds into the episode lol)
-A cutaway joke about Hitler working out at the gym
-Peter getting drunk off the communion wine at church
-Peter mentioning his "favorite episode of Diff'rent Strokes in which the boys get molested by the guy down at the bike store" (that is the only bit from the first two seasons of the show that REALLY made me cringe hard)
-A character making suggestive comments about the Statue of Liberty
-A baby bringing a weapon to the table. I know it was a laser gun, but it's still a gun either way.
-A very dark take on The Brady Bunch where two of the kids get tortured by their own parents in extremely sadistic ways
-Peter mispronouncing "chicken fajitas" where it sounds like he's talking about a certain female body part

HTF (Scenes in The First Episode That Might Have Crossed the Line):
-Cuddles falling off a merry go round and busting his head opened
-Giggles getting sliced in half
-Flaky's quills flying everywhere and causing damage to those around her

That's it, :\. As the wise Big Bird once said "One of these things is not like the other". Wow, that was kind of fun! Let's compare Chester Cheetah commercials with Tony the Tiger ones next. That would be some ggggggrrrreeaaattt fun :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review on James and the Giant Peach. I was dying. :big_grin:

All the jokes he made on the songs had me in stitches. "Rhinos.... They scare little boys...."