Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I don't think Frank hated Steve as Kermit, I think it's more of he took over Jim's character which I would completely understand.

But if read that article more, down below Frank said he respects everyone that's taken over his or others' characters.

But I'm glad to see that Frank doesn't necessary hate Steve as a person and understands what he was fighting for. If you read the article, Frank talks about the integrity of the characters as well.

Side note: I forgot to post this, but a while ago Terri Hardin (former performer) was on this podcast talking about her career with The Muppets and other things, and she also talked about Steve and how she understood what he was fighting for as well. It's nice to see some people standing up for him ya know.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I'm not taking sides, but it is heartwarming to see former performers speaking highly of Steve's intentions. At least we know it wasn't ALL bad blood.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Frank has actually validated both sides of the argument:

He's validated those who have sided with Disney all these years (you know who I'm talking about) by acknowledging that Disney does seem to genuinely love the Muppets as much as anyone does, but also acknowledges what others here (including myself) have been saying that they just don't know what to do with them. Similarly, he's also validated those who have sided with Steve by acknowledging that Steve has been fighting for the integrity of the characters (which I do genuinely believe), but that in a business environment, it probably wasn't a wise thing for him to do.

Censored

Reaction score
I think Frank has actually validated both sides of the argument:

He's validated those who have sided with Disney all these years (you know who I'm talking about) by acknowledging that Disney does seem to genuinely love the Muppets as much as anyone does, but also acknowledges what others here (including myself) have been saying that they just don't know what to do with them. Similarly, he's also validated those who have sided with Steve by acknowledging that Steve has been fighting for the integrity of the characters (which I do genuinely believe), but that in a business environment, it probably wasn't a wise thing for him to do.
Steve may have been fighting for "his version of integrity for the Muppets." That doesn't mean it was the correct interpretation of how the Muppets are supposed to be. The Hensons were fighting for the integrity of the Muppets as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm glad Frank said that, that was good of him considering all the bashing Steve has been dealing with. And yes, he has known Steve a long time, and as an adult. Whereas, like I've said before, the Henson children didn't know Steve in the same way. In any case, this does seem to have largely been a business disagreement.

Censored

Reaction score
Plus if Frank didn't like Steve, why would he have returned on occasion to play Bert to Steve's Ernie from time to time on SS even after Bert was recast? Something to think about.
True. People who work together always like one another.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I’m still interested to hear what the other current performers think, especially Dave. But I can understand why it would be best if they stayed silent.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I think the only time we will ever hear something from the performers is once they depart from the Muppets.