Classic episodes you want to see

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, but in many cases, the episodes that were recycled seasons later used different inserts than the original versions, so I'm sure some of the more obsessed fans out there would still want to see both versions as completely different episodes.

Oh, and some even point out the summer repeat versions where it wasn't uncommon for certain specific inserts to be added, removed, replaced, and in the case of Season 30, a different Elmo's World being used, so. . . .

Yeah.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I guess the repeats I can pretty much just skip through and see what was changed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, putting in just an episode alone I want to see:

Def episode 3752. While I know @hooperfan had the street scenes up before they were blocked, I'd just love to have a personal copy of that episode again.

The Grover sketch with Little Jerry and the Monotones as background characters had me dying when I was a kid and I asked my dad to record the episode for me to which he did. I definitely wore the tape out with the episode and I'm sad to say how it's been nearly 20 years since I last saw it. :frown: Having a personal copy would definitely bring back nostalgic feels.

I guess I might as well throw in how I would love to see the full episode of Little Jerry and his group visiting the street in the late 80's as well as Elmo taking over Jerry's place with some help from Big Jeffy and Little Chrissy.

And actually, I'm curious to see more episodes featuring Lillian if there aren't any street scenes already up on YouTube with her.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And actually, I'm curious to see more episodes featuring Lillian if there aren't any street scenes already up on YouTube with her.
I guess because we all grew up with those inserts with her singing, I sometimes forget we haven't seen most of the episodes with her in it. I kind of want to see her intro story from season 21, which I believe was about Maria and Luis looking for a daycare for Gabi.

There are a couple other cast members i'd be interested to see more of. Like apparently there was this guy named Tikko in season 20 who worked with Linda at the library. There's also some girl named Akim (or something like that) who was in a season 16 clip SST posted on YT. And there's an older woman Katie who was a folk singer (kind of like a pre Buffy), and there was another character named Maria in season 2 who may or may not have been the same character that Sonia Manzano played a year later.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Let's not forget her awesome performance in "Transylvania 12345" (and how cute she looked in that nice vampire dress). :stick_out_tongue:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
In regards to @Schfifty 's question, I'm torn. On one hand, it would probably be easier to just watch the street scenes and any inserts that haven't made their way out of SW's archives. Then again, like @LittleJerry92 I'm often curious about the little things worth taking note of at the end of segments.

Though I honestly don't see myself binging all 4000+ episodes at once. I'd probably just pick the episodes I've always wanted to see and episodes that look most interesting.

On the note of "most interesting", there's an old thread on here that was discussing the possibility of a complete series DVD set. Not surprisingly it was immediately confirmed that it would be impossible because of how many episodes the show has all together (14 years later, it's still a common topic). HOWEVER, Guille (Sawing14s/MuppetVJ/Boober_Gorg) brought up an idea that I'm completely supportive of. I know, I know...this idea is unlikely to happen anytime soon, but still, I think it's a splendid one: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/dvd-series-of-every-sesame-street-episode-ever-made.6623/ (Go to the 6th post)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it even possible to binge watch over 4,000 hours?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think not only would the constant repeating of sketches be tiresome, but as it's been established from recent uncoveries, a lot of what's not been shared publicly is boring or unentertaining. Season 1 is full of long, didactic street segments. I don't know why it took them so long to realize "Hey, these Laurel and Hardy type live-action skits are bad even though we make a new pair every season." And stuff like Deena and Pearl, even though we've seen one bit in English, it's a given that the rest of their material is no great shakes either.

gravy

Reaction score
Think of it as being able to memorize every sketch!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Deena and Pearl were a joke, and Sesame Workshop themselves even shown they either forgot about them or just have no desire to give them any commercial release.