Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Yeah, they just had the one set at mine so it may really be a hit or miss sort of thing. :smirk:
Yeah....I'm glad that I didn't drive 20-25 minutes to the nearest location to only find out that they didn't have any left lol.

beaker

Reaction score
sooo...any word if wave 4 is coming out for the holidays?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
sooo...any word if wave 4 is coming out for the holidays?
Diamond posted a revised shipping calendar on their Facebook page on October 24th which no longer included the Muppets at all. I commented and asked if that meant that the Muppets line had been cancelled and they responded, "Working on an alternate form of distribution." So I would say that a holiday release may be out, but all hope is not yet lost?

beaker

Reaction score
Diamond posted a revised shipping calendar on their Facebook page on October 24th which no longer included the Muppets at all. I commented and asked if that meant that the Muppets line had been cancelled and they responded, "Working on an alternate form of distribution." So I would say that a holiday release may be out, but all hope is not yet lost?
I swear we as Muppet fans get screwed in merchandising every time:frown: Tho Palisades did go on for a number of waves and then even extended into digital exclusive waves. But Im seeing Diamond selects big Kingdom Hearts line everywhere in stores and their other lines...I kinda felt the Muppet line was too good to be true.

However, I freaking love the heck out of the three waves we did get :smile:
I just wanted to complete the Electric Mayhem

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sadly, I think the line is done, leaving an even 3 series of MiniMates and Select figures.

beaker

Reaction score
What are "digital exclusive waves"?
By 2005, 3 years into the Palisades Muppet line they soon switched to online store exclusives and comic convention exclusives. I remember Sweetums(which was the size of a Mega), two Penguins and Uncle Deadly were done in this manner. Palisades even had the Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street license, but only Super Grover was ever officially made and released around that time.

beaker

Reaction score
Sadly, I think the line is done, leaving an even 3 series of MiniMates and Select figures.
Such a bummer. I wonder if it was only due to lack of sales? Again, $25 is a lot to ask for people, tho not sure how robust the $13 Toys R Us versions were able to sell.

I know Id be willing to pay whatever tho if they could even make a limited version of wave 4 as an exclusive online retail thing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Such a bummer. I wonder if it was only due to lack of sales? Again, $25 is a lot to ask for people, tho not sure how robust the $13 Toys R Us versions were able to sell.

I know Id be willing to pay whatever tho if they could even make a limited version of wave 4 as an exclusive online retail thing.
You would think that there wouldn't be a distribution problem, in that DST/Previews are distributers themselves to Comic Book outlets and Majors. They lost TRU and now it appears that they don't have enough interest from Minors, like Comic Book outlets.