Classic episodes you want to see

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Deena and Pearl were a joke, and Sesame Workshop themselves even shown they either forgot about them or just have no desire to give them any commercial release.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Season 1 is full of long, didactic street segments.
That's exactly why I'd skip the first season, although there are several highlights.

Deena and Pearl were a joke, and Sesame Workshop themselves even shown they either forgot about them or just have no desire to give them any commercial release.
And after reading about them on the Wiki, I could immediately tell that they wouldn't be anything to write home about. I simply just saw them as nothing more than :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: wannabes...and sure enough in late August 2015, I (along with other fans) was proved right!!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Calling them a joke implies they there's anything resembling humor involving them.
You got me there.

That's exactly why I'd skip the first season, although there are several highlights.

And after reading about them on the Wiki, I could immediately tell that they wouldn't be anything to write home about. I simply just saw them as nothing more than :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: wannabes...and sure enough in late August 2015, I (along with other fans) was proved right!!
Pretty much! The only thing that went on in my head at that time was just being relieved fans would stop being like "I want Deena and Pearl cuz I deserve everything!!!!!1111!!!"

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now yes they weren't all that great but it was still neat to get to see them. Now I thought it was neat that Deena was at least involved with a few street story but yeah she was just another one time character that didn't do well.

I do hate when certain characters are introduced and then just a few appearances here and there and they are out of there but that just shows you that characters can be made and just disappear forever.

I always wonder if certain characters that didn't do well in our version of Sesame Street might have transferred over to other versions of Sesame Street from around the world. Like what if Deena and Pearl were used on other countries.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I could see that.

If anything though Deena and Pearl were clearly meant to be obvious one season characters like The Rhymies, Leslie Mostly and I guess maybe Lefty's boss (ik the alphabet and carrots skits are from season 2, evidence by the former mentioned in a season 2 skit and the latter having the same set as the former). Idk if the Golden AN is from seasons 2 or 3 though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I could see that.

If anything though Deena and Pearl were clearly meant to be obvious one season characters like The Rhymies, Leslie Mostly and I guess maybe Lefty's boss (ik the alphabet and carrots skits are from season 2, evidence by the former mentioned in a season 2 skit and the latter having the same set as the former). Idk if the Golden AN is from seasons 2 or 3 though.
Yeah I agree that most of these characters are just one off and never to be seen again.
Ok since I was meaning to post what show I wanted to see but got sidetracked here go with certain ones I would mind seeing.

There's one I remember some one talking about where Kermit is not feeling well and Susan takes care of him. Now I could be wrong about this it could of been a dream some one said they remembered and not a real episodes but I thought I remember some one talking about this being like a season 2 showing.
Episode 0809: Herry and Maurice Monster are afraid of the dark
Episode 0799: Oscar installs a swimming pool in his trash can
Episode 0818: David snaps at Maria, Mr. Hooper and Bob have an argument and Maria is fed up with Big Bird (really neat episode cause it would show that you can get mad at your friends and that you'll still be friends afterwards
Episode 0827: Grover climbs up the Lambpost
Episode 0854: Waldo Woodpecker visits Big Bird
Episode 0859: All The Lights On Sesame Street Go Off
0900: Everyone on Sesame Street Comes To Sing Along With Bert (I figured it would be Ernie not sing along with Bert but hey I can't argue with the wiki)
Episode: 0946: Maria, David and Big Bird Go Fishing
Episode 1015: Mr. Snuffleupagus tries to ride a Gigantic skateboard

There are several others but don't want to have to look them up cause I won't be able to find the name of the episode but there is a few others.

I want to see the whole shows of the visit to David's Grandma's Farm, The Crows Country Visit (I know some are out there but I haven't been able to find anyone who has a complete showings. There's one where Maria and The Count go on a picnic, One about Snuffy drinking soapy water and blowing bubbles, One where he sneezes a lot, One where Bert moves in with Oscar cause of a fight with Ernie, There's one that has only the ending on one of the Old School DVD sets where Big Bird looks to be in a big old Spider web. That's another one I would like to see. So many I want to see plus I just want to see them all no matter what. I just need to go to that place where you can watch old shows the Television Museum. Then I could see the show but wouldn't be able to have it to own.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah I agree that most of these characters are just one off and never to be seen again.
Ok since I was meaning to post what show I wanted to see but got sidetracked here go with certain ones I would mind seeing.

There's one I remember some one talking about where Kermit is not feeling well and Susan takes care of him. Now I could be wrong about this it could of been a dream some one said they remembered and not a real episodes but I thought I remember some one talking about this being like a season 2 showing.
Episode 0809: Herry and Maurice Monster are afraid of the dark
Episode 0799: Oscar installs a swimming pool in his trash can
Episode 0818: David snaps at Maria, Mr. Hooper and Bob have an argument and Maria is fed up with Big Bird (really neat episode cause it would show that you can get mad at your friends and that you'll still be friends afterwards
Episode 0827: Grover climbs up the Lambpost
Episode 0854: Waldo Woodpecker visits Big Bird
Episode 0859: All The Lights On Sesame Street Go Off
0900: Everyone on Sesame Street Comes To Sing Along With Bert (I figured it would be Ernie not sing along with Bert but hey I can't argue with the wiki)
Episode: 0946: Maria, David and Big Bird Go Fishing
Episode 1015: Mr. Snuffleupagus tries to ride a Gigantic skateboard

There are several others but don't want to have to look them up cause I won't be able to find the name of the episode but there is a few others.

I want to see the whole shows of the visit to David's Grandma's Farm, The Crows Country Visit (I know some are out there but I haven't been able to find anyone who has a complete showings. There's one where Maria and The Count go on a picnic, One about Snuffy drinking soapy water and blowing bubbles, One where he sneezes a lot, One where Bert moves in with Oscar cause of a fight with Ernie, There's one that has only the ending on one of the Old School DVD sets where Big Bird looks to be in a big old Spider web. That's another one I would like to see. So many I want to see plus I just want to see them all no matter what. I just need to go to that place where you can watch old shows the Television Museum. Then I could see the show but wouldn't be able to have it to own.
Good selection of episodes! Is the museum you're talking about called the Paley Center for Media? If so, it's in New York and I think it has the Sesame Street episodes 1, 536, 560, 1141, and 1186 (maybe some I'm forgetting). Plus a few TV specials like "20 and Still Counting." Hopefully they can get some more episodes from the SW archives if that's even possible.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Good selection of episodes! Is the museum you're talking about called the Paley Center for Media? If so, it's in New York and I think it has the Sesame Street episodes 1, 536, 560, 1141, and 1186 (maybe some I'm forgetting). Plus a few TV specials like "20 and Still Counting." Hopefully they can get some more episodes from the SW archives if that's even possible.
Yep that's one I'm talking about. It just might take years before I ever can afford to go to New York but I keep my dream alive and save up.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing some more episodes of Richard Hunt as Elmo. We've seen at least 2 clips, and it'd be cool to see more.