Sesame Street Old School Outlines

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread up cause I'm going to start (which I have) doing some artwork for cjd874 outlines of these Sesame Street Fan Fic Episodes. I thought how cool would it be if these had little pictures to go with them. Now the only things I'm drawing are the storyline parts. All the other stuff (inserts) that have already been made for the show. So no new inserts will be in theses.

So I figured I would make these little storylines into comic strip and then post them here and even show them on my YouTube Channel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr too. It might be a while cause at this time I'm looking for another full time job and it takes time to do these when I'm not doing other things.

Also I'll be doing several at a time so there will be more then just one ever so often. I would hate for just one to appear every month or year and then you have to wait and that wouldn't be fun. So I'm also going to be giving credit to cjd874 cause he's the one who came up with these outlines and not me. Don't think I wouldn't have either just cause I'm saying it now. I would have no matter what given credit where credit is due.

I'm only doing the artwork but it in a way would be like lots of children books out there. Some one comes up with the story and the someone else does the drawings sometimes. So I hope you come and read some of these outlines that he has done then go and check out the artwork that goes along with it. I'll probably have a separate thread for these comic strips but I'll have a link from this thread to the comics.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread up cause I'm going to start (which I have) doing some artwork for cjd874 outlines of these Sesame Street Fan Fic Episodes. I thought how cool would it be if these had little pictures to go with them. Now the only things I'm drawing are the storyline parts. All the other stuff (inserts) that have already been made for the show. So no new inserts will be in theses.

So I figured I would make these little storylines into comic strip and then post them here and even show them on my YouTube Channel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr too. It might be a while cause at this time I'm looking for another full time job and it takes time to do these when I'm not doing other things.

Also I'll be doing several at a time so there will be more then just one ever so often. I would hate for just one to appear every month or year and then you have to wait and that wouldn't be fun. So I'm also going to be giving credit to cjd874 cause he's the one who came up with these outlines and not me. Don't think I wouldn't have either just cause I'm saying it now. I would have no matter what given credit where credit is due.

I'm only doing the artwork but it in a way would be like lots of children books out there. Some one comes up with the story and the someone else does the drawings sometimes. So I hope you come and read some of these outlines that he has done then go and check out the artwork that goes along with it. I'll probably have a separate thread for these comic strips but I'll have a link from this thread to the comics.
Do you other kinds of art too?

cjd874

Reaction score
Ladies and gents, here is a Halloween-themed outline! I originally wanted to have a guest star and create a very spooky plot, but I had trouble doing so. In light of this, I discovered a Halloween-themed story I had written that hadn't been touched in 3 years! So in true Halloween spirit I am bringing that story back from the dead (so to speak).

Here is SS Old School Outline Number 100, in which Mr. Hooper throws a Halloween party for the residents of Sesame Street. Several freaky and scary inserts from the show's first ten years are included, most notably "Kermit's B Lecture," "Count to 10 with Nobody," "The Count Sleeps Over at Ernie's," and "Crack Master." Happy Halloween, and enjoy this milestone outline.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 100: Halloween Edition

Season 10: Mr. Hooper throws a Halloween party

Sponsors: B, I, 10

Scene 1: Gordon and Susan are dressed up as hippies because they are getting ready for Mr. Hooper’s first-ever Halloween party. They share some banter before they leave their apartment.

Cartoon: Carmen Orange

Muppets: Ernie goes rock hunting (featuring Fred the Dragon)

Film: Animals with pairs of body parts (a snake with two heads is shown at the end)

Cartoon: Y is for Yak (scary ending!)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – The Wicked Witch’s Magic Mirror

Scene 2: In the store, Mr. Hooper asks Big Bird to fill ten pumpkin baskets with candy while he gets into costume in the back room. Big Bird frets over how he’ll do it, until Mr. Snuffleupagus arrives. Snuffy inhales the candy through his snuffle and fills every basket up. After Snuffy leaves, Mr. Hooper is stunned to find that all the baskets are full…and he doesn’t believe that a Snuffleupagus did it, either.

Muppets: Grover is afraid of the dark

Cartoon: An elephant and a bird get their skins mixed up in a locker

Cast: Bob and Luis build a tunnel, and a giant train passes through!

Muppets: Farley imagines who or what is knocking at the door. Herry Monster breaks down the door and Farley runs away in fear.

Cartoon: I is for Impolite

Film: Letter I beam in a factory

Cartoon: Female Face Morph (art by Etienne Delessert)

Muppets: Kermit’s lecture on feelings (Cookie Monster eats the props and Kermit brutally screams at him)

Scene 3: Luis, Olivia, Maria, and David are going to the party dressed as a king, a queen, a maiden, and a jester respectively. Oscar asks them why they’re all dressed up, and Maria explains that they’re going to Mr. Hooper’s Halloween party. Oscar: “Well, what do you know! I’m talking with a bunch of royal pains! Heh, heh, heh!”

Cartoon: Count to 10 with Nobody (animation by Jim Henson)

Film: Kids play “Follow the Leader,” but one boy has trouble following the others. He suffers some unfortunate consequences as a result

Muppets: The Count stays over at Bert and Ernie’s apartment, but he keeps Ernie awake by counting sheep (part 1)

Cartoon: Bird brushing teeth cartoon

Muppets: In the morning, the Count greets Bert cheerfully. Bert asks the Count how he slept, but the Count didn’t sleep because he was counting sheep all night! It turns out that Ernie has turned into a sleepwalking zombie: “43,892…43,893 sheep…”

Cartoon: What if a frog and a fly switched bodies?

Cartoon/Song: Daddy Dear

Scene 4: Everyone gathers outside Hooper’s Store for the Halloween party. Ernie is a lion tamer (with Bert in an itchy lion costume), and the Count has an elegant feathered mask. But Linda and Bob blow everyone away with their Raggedy Ann/Andy outfits, right down to the makeup. Eventually, Big Bird and Mr. Hooper open up the store and the party begins!

Muppets/Song: The Frazzletones perform “Frazzle”

Cartoon: King Minus and the Disappearing Dragons

Film: And now…the octopus! (narration by Emilio Delgado)

Cast: David plays a snake charmer who charms a number 12

Muppets: Kermit and Beautiful Day Monster give a lecture on the letter B. Kermit asks the monster to make the B sound, and the monster blows Kermit away and fogs up the screen with his noises.

Cartoon: Male Face Morph (art by Etienne Delessert)

Cartoon: B is for Bird (freakiest cartoon of them all?)

Muppets: The Martians discover a grandfather clock

Cartoon: Face on a Hill (art by Etienne Delessert)

Scene 5: A view of the party: Herry is a weightlifter, and he drops a barbell through the floor. Cookie Monster is a baker, and he eats all of his cooking utensils. Super Grover joins the party by crash-landing in the store. Background Muppets include Rodeo Rosie (as a bandit), Prairie Dawn (as a doctor), Roosevelt Franklin (as a robot), Fred the Wonder Horse (as a cow), and Gladys the Cow (as a horse).

Cartoon: Finding a light switch in the dark

Muppets: Three witches cooperate by using their individual spells to make something they all want…chicken soup!

Cartoon: Three children escape a giant rabbit by hiding behind three trees (art by Etienne Delessert)

Cartoon: The Crack Master

Scene 6: Luis stops by Oscar’s can to give him a bag full of trash from the Halloween party. Oscar mutters a quick (and nearly inaudible) thank you before telling Luis to scram. As Oscar opens the bag and looks inside curiously, Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Linda and Bob as Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. CTW sign still: Big Bird as a cowboy.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, the Count, Farley, Herry Monster, Frazzle, Rodeo Rosie, Fred the Wonder Horse, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

Richard Hunt as Gladys the Cow, AMs

Chris Cerf as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

Erine81981

Reaction score
Besides drawing.
Ooooooh I see. Normally I only do drawing. I don't do any other type of art. Like puppet building, paint (not to say I wouldn't want to but takes money), building sepulchre, or anything else. I love to draw and that's what I do. It's a hobby right now but hopefully it might turn into a job at some point. Why do you ask?

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 101 features Oscar, Big Bird, SAM the Robot, Luis, Susan, and Hal Miller as Gordon! Plus, Ernie makes a bust of Bert's head, Grover sees his shadow, and Superman makes an appearance!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 101

Season 5: SAM the Robot talks to a telephone booth/Oscar’s insomnia

Sponsors: S, V, 4

Scene 1: Luis is opening up the Fix-It Shop in the morning when Oscar calls him over. As it turns out, Oscar didn’t sleep last night and wants some help going to sleep now. Luis asks if he needs a softer pillow, or a glass of warm milk. Oscar balks at those ideas, and says that he wants some people to start making noise! It was way too quiet for him last night. Sighing, Luis agrees to find some people to make noise.

Film/Song: Henson #4

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4

Muppets/Song: “The Song of the Count”

Scene 2: Luis, Mr. Hooper, Gordon, and Susan arrive and start making lots of noise (shouting, banging pots and pans, stomping, blowing whistles, etc.). Oscar finally falls asleep, but their noise has woken up the other neighbors!

Muppets: Bert has a surprise present for his aunt Matilda, but Ernie thinks it’s for him. He even unwraps the present (a hat) and claims it as his own.

Cartoon: Two men stand on top of a letter V and discuss its value

Film/Song: “Go Ahead and Touch” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Julius shows “here” and “there”

Muppets: Grover is frightened of another monster following him, until Herbert Birdsfoot points out that he’s looking at his own shadow

Film: A hippopotamus (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Jack-in-the-Box School

Scene 3: SAM the Robot wants to meet somebody new on Sesame Street. Gordon and Big Bird introduce him to three kids (Trey, Chris, and Ruby), but SAM doesn’t seem to connect with them. Then SAM sees someone he’s really interested in…the telephone booth!

Cartoon: A cat catches a telephone as it rings (art by the Hubleys)

Muppets/Song: “Sammy the Snake”

Cartoon: S is for Superman

Film: Kids make a train out of triangles and squares

Muppet/Kid Moments: Cookie Monster shows David a “SCHOOL” sign

Cartoon/Song: Country Fiddler – Four Big Lions

Scene 4: SAM the Robot is trying to have a conversation with the telephone booth, but is not getting a response. Susan explains that a telephone booth isn’t alive and shows him how to use it. SAM is disappointed that he can’t talk to the phone booth, but Susan has an idea. She tells SAM to wait at the phone booth, and she leaves. SAM wonders where Susan is going.

Muppets: Ernie makes a bust of Bert’s face, but runs out of clay for the nose. So he pulls Bert’s nose off and places it on the bust!

Film: Baby eagles are fed

Cast: David goes through “OPEN” doors that get smaller and smaller

Muppets: Kermit’s imagination game

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4 (repeat)

Scene 5: SAM hears the phone ringing. He picks it up and hears a lovely robotic voice on the other end. As it turns out, Susan is on the other end, calling SAM from Hooper’s Store in a disguised voice (to Mr. Hooper’s amusement)! Delighted, SAM starts chatting with the “phone booth.”

Cartoon: V is for Violin, Venus, Vampire, Volcano, Vigilante, and Vegetables…

Muppet/Kid Moments: Kermit and Brian talk about “here” and “there”

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Cast: Bob and Maria play “One of These Things” while dressed as spies

Cartoon: Small, smaller, and smallest animals

Muppet/Kid Moments: Big Bird and Shola talk about big and little

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s OPEN trick (part 1)

Cartoon: V is for Violin

Muppets: Harvey’s OPEN trick (part 2)

Cartoon: Flying V in Space

Muppets: Harvey’s OPEN trick (part 3)

Film: Head-to-Toe Puzzle

Scene 6: Oscar emerges from his can, ready to spend the rest of his day complaining and making noise…but night has fallen! He decides to play some loud music on his Grouch radio, but the neighbors yell at him to stop. As Oscar goes back into his can to listen to the radio, Luis announces the sponsors. SS sign still: David and Maria. CTW sign still: Susan.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Hal Miller as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as SAM the Robot, the Count, Herbert Birdsfoot, Sammy the Snake, AMs

Richard Hunt as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

Erine81981

Reaction score
Once again you have hit the ball out of the park. You just have a nack for writing little outlines for the show. I could see you as a writer for the show only if they could do like animation of the these outlines and make a whole new content for the fans of the older classics.
They either could get newer voice actors to voice the characters or get the real puppeteers to do the voices. Yeah they would have to find some one to play Mr. Hooper or any other cast members or other puppeteers to do the voices but they could work it out. Still working on the comic strips of these. I'm only at the moment working on one cause I want to get it out of the way before starting on a new outline. But hopefully I can get my hands on a digital art program (no money cause I'm out of a job still looking) but then I could easily get these done a little faster and colored quicker too. Keep them coming. Is there one in particular that you would love me to start working on next?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Once again you have hit the ball out of the park. You just have a nack for writing little outlines for the show. I could see you as a writer for the show only if they could do like animation of the these outlines and make a whole new content for the fans of the older classics.
They either could get newer voice actors to voice the characters or get the real puppeteers to do the voices. Yeah they would have to find some one to play Mr. Hooper or any other cast members or other puppeteers to do the voices but they could work it out. Still working on the comic strips of these. I'm only at the moment working on one cause I want to get it out of the way before starting on a new outline. But hopefully I can get my hands on a digital art program (no money cause I'm out of a job still looking) but then I could easily get these done a little faster and colored quicker too. Keep them coming. Is there one in particular that you would love me to start working on next?
What? You lost your job at the recycling center?

Erine81981

Reaction score
What? You lost your job at the recycling center?
Oh no. I had gotten a new job the school for a custodian starting May the 15 of this year and got fired on October the 3rd. I just haven't updated my profile in a while.