Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

FozzieBear

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
I have a question...

Does Ron like Hermione, or Hermione like Ron? I've heard this places and read interviews about it. Also, it seems it might be true with the awkward moment between Ron and Hermione at the end of the second movie.

Although, J. K. Rowling has never said anything of the sort in any of the books... I don't think, so I was just hoping someone could straighten this out for me.
It's sorta both ways about Ron and Hermione. They get along by not getting along, if you get me... But as the books progress they start to work together even more, and getting along better. I think that the awkward moment at the end of the second movie was supposed to cause speculation between the 2. It sure has caused a lot of discussion in the HP fan community!!

FozzieBear (Luke)

wockawocka

Reaction score
Okay thanks! I know I'd love it if they got together, but I'm sure others wouldn't. I read an interview with Rupert Grint with him saying, "Kill off Ron before his has to kiss Hermione!" I hope J.K. Rowling doesn't take his advice...

wockawocka

Reaction score
Also, I've heard that Daniel, Rupert, and Emma (and maybe others) only have a contract to do the movies through the third one. Does anyone know more about that?

Sorry, another question! Does anyone know of any really good websites on Harry Potter, or the actors in the movies? Or any links to good pictures of them?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
Also, I've heard that Daniel, Rupert, and Emma (and maybe others) only have a contract to do the movies through the third one. Does anyone know more about that?
I think that's true. They figure they will be too old by then; they're not making the movies fast enough for them to be the same age as their characters. That would be a bummer if they had to get an all-new Harry, Ron, and Hermione, though. I hate it when you get really used to one actor playing a particular character and then someone else takes over.
Erin

wockawocka

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I think that's true. They figure they will be too old by then; they're not making the movies fast enough for them to be the same age as their characters. That would be a bummer if they had to get an all-new Harry, Ron, and Hermione, though. I hate it when you get really used to one actor playing a particular character and then someone else takes over.
Erin
Yeah, they can't just change the main characters! I mean, no one will like that at all, very bad.
Anyway, on shows on TV these days and movies, they have plently of actors in their 20s playing high school kids! I think it would still work.
Do you know if others kid actors in the movie like TOm Felton have that contract too? Because I know that he is older than Daniel, Rupert, and Hermione, but it doesn't really matter. It still works for me! I would be very upset if they changed the main characters.

wolfy

Reaction score
wockawocka said:

Sorry, another question! Does anyone know of any really good websites on Harry Potter, or the actors in the movies? Or any links to good pictures of them?
I don't know what they mean by the children who are playing the characters being "too old" for the parts! I mean, they are only 14, perhaps 15 now in real life, and I believe that Harry, Hermione and Ron are about the same age, right? Besides, if people like Kathleen Turner can pretend to be a 17 year old high school student when she is in her 30s, why can't these kids still be "kids" by the time they are 18? Perhaps they only signed on for three movies because they didn't know if any more would be really made or not; or they wanted the option of renegotiating their current contracts, as they might be "of age" when they reach the end of the third movie?

As for good web sites, there are so many different Harry Potter web sites on the Internet it would be hard to pick just one! Start with the "official" web site from Warner Brothers, and then hit links to other sites from there.

In response to whomever asked if anyone has read "Barry Trotter..." the answer is "yes." We found that and thought it quite humorous; but then, we have weird senses of humor at our house! :smile:
wolfy

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yeah, that is exactly what I thought about the age thing. And yes, they aren't very old now, in fact, Emma just turned 13 a few months ago!

Yes, I guess being in ALL of the movies might mess it up for them if they want to go to college, but they should be able to at least get through the four by the time the oldest kid in Harry's year (Tom Felton) turns 18. But I do not think that they should get new actors to play the parts, it would just mess it up.

At least my favorite book is in the first three! I can't wait to see how the third movie turns out!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
I have a question...

Does Ron like Hermione, or Hermione like Ron? I've heard this places and read interviews about it. Also, it seems it might be true with the awkward moment between Ron and Hermione at the end of the second movie.

Although, J. K. Rowling has never said anything of the sort in any of the books... I don't think, so I was just hoping someone could straighten this out for me.
In my opinion, Ron likes Hermione. I have a feeling that its some what mutual or that it will be in the future. The way Ron acts jealous towards Krum gives me the impression that Ron likes Hermione, he's just probably not aware of that yet :big_grin:

wolfy

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
Yeah, that is exactly what I thought about the age thing. And yes, they aren't very old now, in fact, Emma just turned 13 a few months ago!

Yes, I guess being in ALL of the movies might mess it up for them if they want to go to college, but they should be able to at least get through the four by the time the oldest kid in Harry's year (Tom Felton) turns 18. But I do not think that they should get new actors to play the parts, it would just mess it up.

At least my favorite book is in the first three! I can't wait to see how the third movie turns out!
Darn, this is one time I wish Luke were around!

I'm pretty sure that, in England, you finish secondary (or high school) at age 15, and then head on to University (which is like a continuation of our high school, then college). This might be why the children (or someone) had stated that the kids may be "too old" for the parts before all the movies were finished.

Is there another member from England who can shed some light on this for us out there? I'm just not up on the schools over there any more!
wolfy

movielad

Reaction score
wolfy said:
I'm pretty sure that, in England, you finish secondary (or high school) at age 15, and then head on to University (which is like a continuation of our high school, then college). This might be why the children (or someone) had stated that the kids may be "too old" for the parts before all the movies were finished.
Actually it's 16 when you finish secondary school. You can then do A-Levels (whether it be at the same school or at a college) or some other qualification such as BTEC, GNVQs or all sorts of things. I did my GCSEs at secondary school (15-16), did a BTEC in computer studies at college (16-18) and then went to university to do a degree in Applied Computing (18-21).

The problem with the movies is that you've got to allow time for script re-writes, shooting delays, the FX (give or take about 8 months to complete) and everything else in-between. I don't think they're doing at all bad considering, and WB is churning out these films as fast as they can to keep up with the demand for them :smile:

Regards,

Martyn