Questions about anything

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In the Kirby series of video games, is Kirby a species of creatures or is he just one of his own kind? I'm just wondering if there's a bunch of Kirbies kind of like how there's more than one Yoshi in the Super Mario series or if he's just his own thing?

mr3urious

Reaction score
In the Kirby series of video games, is Kirby a species of creatures or is he just one of his own kind? I'm just wondering if there's a bunch of Kirbies kind of like how there's more than one Yoshi in the Super Mario series or if he's just his own thing?
Considering that Meta Knight is also a round blob with beady eyes, maybe he is a species.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, it's been amply documented (by you and others) how during M*A*S*H, how unbearable the weather in Korea was. Broiling hot in the summer, freezing in the winter.
But during the finale, right around July 27, 1953, (you would assume would be 100 degrees in the shade). But in the very last scene when Hawkeye and BJ say goodbye, see the heavy coats they're wearing?

None like it hot in Korea, but it must've been a brisk day at the Fox Ranch.
In all fairness, it might've been chilly in late '82 when they filmed the finale.
But after so many episodes were devoted to summer heat, what's a summer day in Korea without your fatigue jacket?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Definitely a fluke, lol. IIRC, the finale was actually filmed in the middle of fall like in October or so (you can see some orange trees in the background from time to time), so yeah, I imagine it may have been chilly when filming the finale. Of course, the cast has talked about the drastic change in temperatures filming out there on a daily basis, ranging from the teens early in the morning, soaring to well over 100 in the afternoon; Alan Alda has said how he and Wayne Rogers were freezing in their Hawaiian shirts filming the opening sequence for the pilot where they're playing golf on the helipad, meanwhile I remember Loretta Swit talking about an incident where an extra or crew member nearly died from heat stroke.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Why do a lot of Star Wars fans believe that Jar-Jar singlehandedly started the rise of the Sith? I can understand why they hate Jar-Jar for being an annoying character but I don't really understand how he could've possibly had anything to do with Palpatine's rise to power, unless I'm missing something.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honest question, but would you guys say I sound too privileged if I mentioned I don't care for politics? Like, sure, I do occasionally pop in on the true colors thread, but even then, I'll be honest, I find talking about politics can give me a headache, esp with what happened in that sewer leakage year known as 2016.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've been saying repeatedly ever since Trump got into Office - I hate politics with a passion, but with all that Trump is doing to the country (and not doing as far as his presidential duties are concerned), it's hard not to get political about anything right now.

But nah, if anything, I'm probably an unpatriotic jerkwad for refusing to go out and ring doorbells last year when the local political party kept calling on me to do so: I'm not going to waste my or other people's time by dropping in on people and asking them to vote for someone I don't even know.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Only reason I brought that up was because I was once told "If I don't care about politics, I don't care about the people around me" (yeah, okay).

Well, I guess that could be true because 1) I am cautious of who I talk to 2) I've lost alot of respect for people in general so whatever and 3) I want to focus on my own issues in life unless it is someone I am close to or if they're family members or whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aren't those the lyrics to that Rachel Platten song? "This is my fight song, I wear a dirty thong, and smoke from Danny's (Bonaduce) boooooong, and I don't really care for nobody else but meeeee"?