And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, this is the good Doctor I'm talking about. We have agreed on a number of things, even managed to score a few "likes" with each other. But back around 2012, it wasn't always smooth sailing.
Towards the end he seemed to be under so much strife. I tried reaching out to him the best I could, but didn't get very far.
Maybe someday his head will be clearer and he'll find some measure of peace. Here's hoping.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's been a year since Trump got elected (has it gone by that fast?!).
The thing that still made me wonder...
people that protested, no, RIOTED when he got elected, but didn't vote.
If you supported Hillary or Bernie, and unfortunately things didn't go your way, I understand where your disappointment lies.

Like it or not, Trump did not overthrow Obama, he did not stage some military junta (like has happened a number of times in Greece). He was elected by American people, who registered and voted.

If you were over 18, and had every opportunity to register and vote (even writing in for Mickey Mouse), and did not exercise your right to vote, what gives you the right to smash windows and destroy property? Because Trump won? The election was very close, and a million or so votes for Hillary would've tipped the scales.
So if you didn't vote, and went out and rioted because Trump got elected by people who DID vote, shame on you.
People might argue if Trump lost, his supporters would've been doing the same thing. I'm not so sure. Trump might be whining how the Russians threw the election, but I'm not so sure his supporters would be the ones throwing bricks at cops (even police horses got attacked during the riots. That's pathetic).

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been a year since Trump got elected (has it gone by that fast?!).
The thing that still made me wonder...
people that protested, no, RIOTED when he got elected, but didn't vote.
If you supported Hillary or Bernie, and unfortunately things didn't go your way, I understand where your disappointment lies.

Like it or not, Trump did not overthrow Obama, he did not stage some military junta (like has happened a number of times in Greece). He was elected by American people, who registered and voted.
Actually, Hillary won the popular vote by nearly three million over Trump, Trump was elected because he had more votes through the electoral college . . . even though Russia hacked the election and swung it in his favor, which they had evidence of even before Obama left Office for the last time; once the GOP got in there, they dismissed the evidence altogether because, "it didn't matter anymore." Even now, Putin keeps personally denying involvement to Trump's face, and Trump chooses to believe him. Just like how Trump believed Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the election, even though Breitbart was exposed for fabricating that story entirely - Trump launched an official investigation that turned up absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that Obama did such a thing, yet Trump and his supporters still believe it just because Breitbart said it did.

Y'know, there may actually be something to CNN's apple/banana ad. . . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm going to go out and pose an unpopular question with Trump supporters. I've asked this before, but I'm going to ask it again because I really want to hear the answer, particularly now.

Trump has numerous sexual abuse and harassment accusations against him that span years. He freely boasted about ambushing teenage beauty contestants while they were naked in their dressingrooms. He also bragged about grabbing women by the privates without their permission, married or not, because he's famous and can get away with it.

After all of his proud admissions of sexual abuse and harassment of women and the flood of accusations against him, how could you have voted for Trump?

The question isn't whether or not his behavior is true. He's tried to minimize the importance of it, but he's blatantly admitted to it. While sexual assault of an adult and a minor are two different things, it's still assault. Condemning the Alabama Republican Party for their continued enthusiastic support for Moore, yet still supporting Trump, makes no sense to me. It just says that some people warrant compartmentalization and some people don't, depending on how one feels about their politics and that of their opponent.

A few stipulations: In answering this, please don't talk the the strawman democrat who voted for Bill Clinton. I never did. And please refrain from excusing his bad behavior by pointing to someone else's. Also, find a way to answer this without using some "boys being boys" or "locker room talk" branded excuse. Trump is not just one of the boys and he's certainly no locker room jock. I've frequented locker rooms both in highschool sports and in the gym today. I have plenty of bawdy male friends, but joking about assault is not something any of them would do or stand for hearing about from a friend - ever.

I really want to know this. It's a hard question to respectfully ask and an even harder one to honestly answer. If you have the bravery to do so, with the stipulations included, I'm very interested in reading your answer. Peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And again, in response to that as well, I still can't fathom how it is that he's even got any female supporters - some of which proudly wear t-shirts saying he can grab them any time . . . and again, when you consider his extremely cheauvanistic beauty standards (rating women 1 to 10 on their bust sizes), he'd dismiss these women as fat pigs (and that's something else he's done as well).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I voted for Trump, in spite of allegations/innuendoes/overwhelming evidence against him for all his sexual mishandling.
I was just as guilty as others for turning a blind eye to his improprieties in hope he could/would turn the country around.
As I stated not too long ago, I voted for him, now realizing that was a mistake.
If I could turn back time to November 5 last year, I'd still be at a loss who to vote for. Nobody would seem like a fit candidate. Bernie would've come close if the Dem's didn't kick him to the curb.

It's almost the same as being in denial about all the allegations against Bill Cosby. That man was such a pillar in my childhood (Sesame Street, Electric Company, Fat Albert, etc.) and readily condemned black men for treating women as sexual toys. Yet here he was...
The dilemna was having emotions for him, for all the good he has done over the decades, right next to all the facts. In spite of the facts, nobody wants to believe HE was capable of taking advantage of any woman, let alone fifty.
But Cosby will get his own through the due process of the courts (unless he is able to spend enough to buy off the jury. Sometimes things are so corrupt, you can buy justice. Even judges can be bought).

As for Trump, in good conscience, I can't excuse his behavior any longer. And if he ever does go to trial, either he'll part with a few billion to get off light, or some judge will make an example out of him and throw the book at him. Either way, I can't rationalize for his behavior any more.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If I could turn back time to November 5 last year, I'd still be at a loss who to vote for. Nobody would seem like a fit candidate.
And again, this was my reason for not wanting to vote at all in the election last year: I didn't feel that either Trump or Hillary were suitable for the job, nor did I feel either of them deserved my vote. If anything, Trump supporters will surely disagree, but I feel the American people were seriously jipped in the 2016 elections.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is why I was forced to vote for Hillary against my will because it was a vote against Trump. Growing up, I heard it over and over again: "Voting is your constitutional right, you can't not vote!" So when I turned eighteen, there was no getting out of voting in any election - even local elections. But again, the problem with (local) elections is I never know who to vote for, because none of the nominees explain why you should vote for them, they just always attack their opponents and tell you not to vote for them . . . so how am I supposed to know what their platforms are, or where they stand on various different issues, if all they put out to the public is, "Don't vote for my opponent John Doe Hancock because he's a cotton-headed ninnymuggins who did something stupid forty years ago that nobody even remembers; vote for me instead, thank you."?