90s Costume ideas

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm going to a thing on Wednesday. They're having a 90s night where everybody's dressing up like celebrities/ characters from the 1990s, or just dressing up in 90s style clothes. Anyone got some simple, low budget costume ideas?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Would fictional characters from 90s shows count because I really don't know how a 90s costume would look. Most decades have their own unique style, for example for a 50s party you could go as Fonzie, for an 80s party you could look up unique 80s fashion trends for guys and mimic the style but the 90s really didn't have any unique clothes or looks associated with it. Maybe I'm wrong about this but to me, 90s people just look like any average Joe would nowadays.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
You should dress up as Chuck Schuldiner. Turn that thing on its head.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Would fictional characters from 90s shows count because I really don't know how a 90s costume would look. Most decades have their own unique style, for example for a 50s party you could go as Fonzie, for an 80s party you could look up unique 80s fashion trends for guys and mimic the style but the 90s really didn't have any unique clothes or looks associated with it. Maybe I'm wrong about this but to me, 90s people just look like any average Joe would nowadays.
This is what I think of when I think early to mid '90s fashion:

Moms wore really high jeans, which is now extinct.

And people wore shirts with Looney Tunes characters dressed as gangsters:

Girls wore those hats with flowers in them:

There's lots of stuff... 1990 was pretty different than 1999.