When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, maybe I have, but I'm growing increasingly irritated by the way a lot of these big musical artists make a big spectacle about taking a break from their careers for a while . . . and then they never do. This is beginning to feel more and more like a go-to publicity stunt or something, I don't know if it's to get the fans stirred up, or to get sympathy from the public, or what, but it's really becoming rote. Take Ed Sheeran: he just released a new song today, and it seems like it was back in the summer that he said he was taking a break. Same with Demi Lovato, she made a really big deal about how she needed to re-evaluate her life or something like that, and was going to go off the grid for a while, and she's only been coming out with more new stuff ever since then.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest,

For my own reasons, I've been kind of feeling like an outcast in my own house. It's not the best feeling.
I don't really know the circumstances but i'm sorry. I know how it feels to feel a bit out of place in your own family. Despite the fact that we're around each other a lot, I don't feel particularly close with my dad. And because i'm so quiet and like to spend a good portion of my time by myself, I sometimes feel like I have a hard time connecting with the rest of my family.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, maybe I have, but I'm growing increasingly irritated by the way a lot of these big musical artists make a big spectacle about taking a break from their careers for a while . . . and then they never do. This is beginning to feel more and more like a go-to publicity stunt or something, I don't know if it's to get the fans stirred up, or to get sympathy from the public, or what, but it's really becoming rote. Take Ed Sheeran: he just released a new song today, and it seems like it was back in the summer that he said he was taking a break. Same with Demi Lovato, she made a really big deal about how she needed to re-evaluate her life or something like that, and was going to go off the grid for a while, and she's only been coming out with more new stuff ever since then.
I think Ed Sheeran took a break for about a year partially because he was burnt out, but also because he was slipping into drug use. Demi, I don't even know. I get the impression she was more expressing a desire to get out of the industry, rather than announcing that she was actually taking a break.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Who cares? Their fans are happy, the artists are presumably happy, you needn't listen to the most if you don't like it, after all...

Also post #999 for me BTW.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I hate it when kids are like "I listen to music that's older than me! Am I cool yet?" and "I was born in the wrong generation! I wish I was born in the 70's when there was better music!" Like, who cares what you listen to? Listening to old music does not make you cool or special. Comments like these are usually seen on old music videos like anything by Queen, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, etc.

Also, I think it's silly when people comment on songs from like 3 to 4 years ago and say stuff like "OMG nostalgia!" Okay, when a song is like 7 to 10 years old, I can see how it would be nostalgic, but how can you get nostalgia from a song that's less than 4 years old?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The worst thing is when someone asks if a person likes music from the 2000's and they go, "Yeah, I like older music!" :scary:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate it when kids are like "I listen to music that's older than me! Am I cool yet?" and "I was born in the wrong generation! I wish I was born in the 70's when there was better music!"
But, I really was born in the wrong decade! I really wish I was born in the 60s so I could experience the magic of television switching to color firsthand!
Also, I think it's silly when people comment on songs from like 3 to 4 years ago and say stuff like "OMG nostalgia!" Okay, when a song is like 7 to 10 years old, I can see how it would be nostalgic, but how can you get nostalgia from a song that's less than 4 years old?
Or what about, "Who else is listening to this song in 2017?"

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
But, I really was born in the wrong decade! I really wish I was born in the 60s so I could experience the magic of television switching to color firsthand!
Well, I'm sure that was a very magical experience back in the day. Everybody was so used to seeing black-and-white TV, and I'm sure the switch to color just blew everyone away.
Or what about, "Who else is listening to this song in 2017?"
I hate those so much. They're some of the most unoriginal comments ever, yet they always get hundreds of likes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"Bruh I'm watching this in the year 3000! Lul I'm soooo original!"

"Oh mai gad bruh that's soooo awesome! *Gets 1000 likes*" :rolleyes:

YouTube comments like that are just sooooo predictable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it: the specific comments we just discussed aside, I usually like reading YouTube comments, mainly because they're like a goldmine of comedy material, and a lot of them can be quite funny. I remember such a comment on the ARTHUR episode "D.W.'s Very Bad Mood," where somebody commented that if D.W.'s behavior is this bad now, imagine what she'll be like as a teenager when she's having her time of the month. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And heck, it was a YouTube comment that inspired my Mup Pack artwork that I had recent printed a copy of and framed to give to Caroll Spinney at the Fanboy Expo.