Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
New Matt Vogel appearance as part of a (very) brief cameo in this year's Christmas advert for the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's.

Around the 1 min mark, followed by a Muppet Show style cheer at the end.
That was Matt??

I swear it didn't sound anything like him or the way he's been performing Kermit. I've listened to it 10 times now. Maybe I'm still not used to his performance I don't know??

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That was Matt??

I swear it didn't sound anything like him or the way he's been performing Kermit. I've listened to it 10 times now. Maybe I'm still not used to his performance I don't know??
Well, hears what I think may be the problem: The music is a bit too loud, plus the key of the song was way too high for him. Not to mention, the clip was literally only like 2 seconds long, so it's very hard to make any judgements.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I think his tone/pitch is closer to Jim's, whereas the rubberiness/smoothness of the voice is more like Steve's. I think it's a happy medium between the two. We'll never have another Kermit exactly like Jim, nor will we have one that is exactly like Steve. We have to allow the character to evolve through each performer.