And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Is there anything on the chart where the sources are true?
If you read it, you'll see where it says minimal partisan bias. FYI, just because a person or a publication has a bias (let's face it, we all have them), doesn't mean that the reporting is false. 100% of documentaries are slanted to some degree, no matter how hard one tries, because someone chose one topic over another, to interview particular people over others, and to place the camera in a particular position instead of others. So asking that question is rather moot. There are facts, sure. However, reporting some facts while leaving out others shows bias. The best we can do is to find minimal bias and that's what this chart does.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
If you read it, you'll see where it says minimal partisan bias. FYI, just because a person or a publication has a bias (let's face it, we all have them), doesn't mean that the reporting is false. 100% of documentaries are slanted to some degree, no matter how hard one tries, because someone chose one topic over another, to interview particular people over others, and to place the camera in a particular position instead of others. So asking that question is rather moot. There are facts, sure. However, reporting some facts while leaving out others shows bias. The best we can do is to find minimal bias and that's what this chart does.
I am reading it, but am confused.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I am reading it, but am confused.
It's a chart that's written in English. I don't understand the confusion. Asking, "Is there anything on the chart where the sources are true?" is a nonsensical statement due to what I just explained. I want unicorn that I can ride down a rainbow, but I've got to settle for things that exist in the real world. Minimizing bias when discussing facts about pertinent issues is as close as one's going to get to what's true. Those are the ones closest to the top/middle. Other than that, there's little else to say. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm assuming she means to ask is how do they figure the chart out when they're putting it together in terms of just how biased/non-biased each of these news outlets are and that it's not just randomly put together without any kind of solid research or information. Right?

Censored

Reaction score
I keep hearing that CNN leans to the left, but I've yet to hear anyone give ANY specific examples. If CNN if biased towards the left, please provide the links that prove it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
How about the fact that they seem to be like "meh" if there's a story of a white person being attacked?

If it's a black person, they lose their ****.

Because apparently being physically Caucasian-skinned white is a crime to the extreme left. Right?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only reason I bring this up by the way is because I have had some far left liberal friends who I have since unfollowed that are like "white people have it easy, u have white privilege" blah blah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, far right conservatives are the ones who act like White Privilege is an actual thing and that black people simply existing in America are threatening their very non-existent White Privilege. Just sayin'.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I mean, far right conservatives are the ones who act like White Privilege is an actual thing and that black people simply existing in America are threatening their very non-existent White Privilege. Just sayin'.
You aren't wrong there.

I personally feel like both sides have created the ignorant stereotype; the far right thinking it actually exists and the far left just constantly bringing it up whenever race is brought up. And again, this is why I have never felt happier being independent.