And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
Actually here's the correct link for the white man being held hostage from CNN.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/04/us/chicago-facebook-live-beating/index.html

I love how they say the video was "disturbing" (which it was) but also say police are determining if it was a "hate crime" cause the person was white. Really?
If CNN was truly what you say they are, they wouldn't have reported this story at all. Also, it's not CNN's fault if there is a question about this being a hate crime. They are simply reporting the news.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
More than 50 people describe incidents of sexual harassment on Capitol Hill

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/sexual-harassment-congress/index.html

But I'm sure some of you will continue to believe this is just a Republican thing. After all, the Democratic Party only held Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy up as their leaders for years and years. Truth is, it's not a Republican thing or a Democratic thing, it's the culture of Washington and Hollywood and corporate boardrooms, etc.
Back in the 90's when I worked at JC Penney, we had one of our top managers who was with the company forever who had an affair with his secretary. The two were married, had families, but were always together, and everybody knew exactly what was going on. But nobody dared to call them out on it for fear of getting fired. I was in my twenties, and there was no way either one would take crap from me, but given the opportunity, without fear of retribution, I would've blown the whistle on them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Gene Simmons is an ***hole to begin with.

I didn't even bother to go see him at RI cc.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Gene Simmons is insane, but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. After all, he just release "The Vault" box set, housed in a $2,000, 38lb. vault, with 150 unreleased songs, and wanted to deliver that to everyone who bought on. Which is insane. He's insane. In a weird way. He's also an ***hole. Kiss is nowhere near as good a band as people give them credit for. Good songs here and there but not much else. At least they had stage presence.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Kiss is a good band but even I would say they're a bit overrated.

They're mostly memorable for "I want to rock and roll all night" and "Shout it out loud."

jvcarroll

Reaction score
More than 50 people describe incidents of sexual harassment on Capitol Hill

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/sexual-harassment-congress/index.html

But I'm sure some of you will continue to believe this is just a Republican thing. After all, the Democratic Party only held Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy up as their leaders for years and years. Truth is, it's not a Republican thing or a Democratic thing, it's the culture of Washington and Hollywood and corporate boardrooms, etc.
Comparing this to people in the past like Kennedy and Bill Clinton isn't the same. Let's compare it to what's happening right now in both parties in 2017. The difference is when Franken is accused of kissing and a brief inappropriate touch, he immediately issues an apology, asks for an official review and says he'll cooperate fully. Every Democrat on my page instantly believes the woman and is disappointed in Franken. The same happens with George Takei (and I'm not even convinced of that shaky story from the alleged victim who used to tell it as a cocktail anecdote). Compare that to Trump or Moore. Trump admits to sexual abuse, and there are plenty of women who still claim he abused them, and his supporters laugh it off as some sort of locker room talk and behavior. Like he's some big jock. Eugh! Roy Moore is banned from shopping malls for harassing young girls back in the day, he's accused by half a dozen young women and under age girls of molestation and abuse, yet the Alabama GOP still supports him, Trump still supports him and Mitch McConnell took 5 friggin days to completely disavow him and to urge him to step down. No, it's not the same. Trump and Moore aren't just supported, they have enthusiastic support, particularly from conservative evangelicals. This is just gross. In this area, both parties are guilty of committing this act. Harassment knows no party. However, in dealing with this behavior in 2017, the parties couldn't be further apart. The Dems are clearly showing far more integrity. Actually, they're the only ones showing it. Waiting 5 days to completely disavow a pedophile is just friggin nutty and gross. There's no way anyone can spin that. But, again, the act itself is horrible, there's no excuse and it happens in both parties. If you are a Democrat in 2017, you will be held responsible for it. If you're a Republican in 2017, not so much.

Last edited: