Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Take a drink everytime @Censored praises Matt and or craps on Steve (I mean this in good humor by the way).

Take a drink any other members hates on Matt.

Take a drink any other members praises Steve.
Take a shot for everytime this thread is bumped after a brief period of inactivity.
Take a drink everytime someone tells us to stop being sad and move on from Steve.

Take another everytime someone asks for this thread to be closed.
LOL!

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Yeah, I was shocked when I heard the news too. Funny thing is I suddenly found out when I watched one of the latest "Muppet Thought of the Week" videos on YouTube, that Kermit's voice sounded a bit more lower-pitched. It then occurred to me that maybe it wasn't Steve doing it; it was someone else. So then it dawned on me that Steve was somehow dismissed, and Matt now took over. And all because of an alleged personality conflict with both Disney and the Henson Family, particularly Cheryl and Brian, who according to them didn't get along with Steve.

I'm a bit mixed on the change. To be fair, the Jim Henson Company and Disney are both private enterprises, so they could do what they want, but at the same time it'll never be the same without Steve. Steve worked with Jim for almost four decades and he saw great potential in Steve, enough to eventually follow in Jim's footsteps and take over some of his signature Muppets, including Kermit, Link, Statler, and Ernie, including Rizzo. And it makes me feel sad that Steve will no longer continue Jim's legacy. And it also makes me feel a bit sad that we're seeing the end of an era; with Whitmire gone, Dave Goelz and Louise Gold are the last remaining members of the classic lineup, and who knows when they will decide that they will both no longer suit the Henson image. What a mess.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Steve workerd with Jim for 12 years, and he worked with the muppets 38 years, I consider David Rudman a veteran performer too, since he started working as a Muppeter in 1981. I will miss Steve a lot.