And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I used to be bothered myself with people saying "Happy holidays." Now I'm just like "Eh, whatever."'

I mean, granted, even I feel like there is a point where you can be too politically correct (*cough* my experience at Landmark college *cough*), but saying "happy holidays" isn't one of them.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I will keep saying this. No matter what's happened in the past, those who still support Trump are actively supporting an admitted sexual abuser. There's absolutely no moral leg to stand on until republicans ask Trump to be held accountable. I never supported Bill Clinton so nobody can use that as an excuse to my statement here.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, you sounded a bit peeved when I brought up Bill being a sex offender.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
To be fair, you sounded a bit peeved when I brought up Bill being a sex offender.
I was peeved when you implied that any of it was adjudicated. It wasn't. Or that he'd admitted to being a sex offender like Trump. He hasn't. Or that there was any dam.ning smoking gun. There wasn't one. Still, I believed the majority of the allegations. I have my issues with Bill Clinton. I had two opportunities to vote for him and didn't both times because of these unproven, yet troubling and believable, allegations. That proves my integrity as a voter. The difference here is, Trump bragged about assaulting women and people still supported him. I'm not sure if you did, but there's nothing that made it ever okay to support him after the recordings where he admitted to bursting into dressing rooms of naked, teenage beauty contestants and of grabbing women by their privates without their permission. While not yet adjudicated, his confirmation of events makes what he did a fact. While I don't support either, one has been proven guilty for being a sex offender. That's the difference.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Personally, I don't know what it's like to vote for a sexual abuser, whether implied or proven, and I never will. Can supporters of Trump or Bill Clinton say the same? No. They can't. They turned a convenient blind eye because they felt the ends justified the means. They never do. Ever. Particularly not when sexual battery is an issue.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Fair enough then.

Well, if you want to know the truth, I did vote for Trump because honestly 2016 was not the year for me. I dealt with alot of stress with college and all the political cancer going on my facebook news feed drove me insane. I honestly was actually gonna go for Bernie Sanders until I found out he pretty much bailed. I never trusted Hillary and sadly, at that time, was in an extreme conservative phase because I felt like people were just too overly sensitive about everything and was oblivous to the fact that conservatives just as well are overly sensitive when, oh, say, you insult Jesus or whatever (and I've also dealt with people who say I HAVE to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman).

So case in point, my vote for Trump was my 2016 self just kind of doing it for "payback" and also because I was (and still am against) illegal immigration. Though now, I've learned Mr. Trump pretty much flip flops everything so I guess that's out of the question.

Frankly, if the elections happened this year, where I've started to fix myself again, I probably would have just not voted at all.

Censored

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I used to be bothered myself with people saying "Happy holidays." Now I'm just like "Eh, whatever."'

I mean, granted, even I feel like there is a point where you can be too politically correct (*cough* my experience at Landmark college *cough*), but saying "happy holidays" isn't one of them.
The best way is to let people say Merry Christmas who want to and let people say Happy Holidays who want to.

Censored

Reaction score
Fair enough then.

Well, if you want to know the truth, I did vote for Trump because honestly 2016 was not the year for me. I dealt with alot of stress with college and all the political cancer going on my facebook news feed drove me insane. I honestly was actually gonna go for Bernie Sanders until I found out he pretty much bailed. I never trusted Hillary and sadly, at that time, was in an extreme conservative phase because I felt like people were just too overly sensitive about everything and was oblivous to the fact that conservatives just as well are overly sensitive when, oh, say, you insult Jesus or whatever (and I've also dealt with people who say I HAVE to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman).

So case in point, my vote for Trump was my 2016 self just kind of doing it for "payback" and also because I was (and still am against) illegal immigration. Though now, I've learned Mr. Trump pretty much flip flops everything so I guess that's out of the question.

Frankly, if the elections happened this year, where I've started to fix myself again, I probably would have just not voted at all.
Not voting at all is no solution at all.

Censored

Reaction score
The best way is to let people say Merry Christmas who want to and let people say Happy Holidays who want to.
Interesting though, no one ever says a general "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Kwanza" unless they are certain a person specifically celebrates it. Why can't good cheer for those holiday be wished as casually as Christmas wishes?