And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
OMG. Okay, terminology aside. our own government, aside from Trump himself, and Facebook itself have all confirmed that Russia created fake Facebook accounts in order to spread false information about Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. In some states where the vote was very close, this could have easily turned the election. Fact. One must be living under a rock not to have noticed this. :eek: It might be a good idea to try Googling these things before you ask them?:wisdom: Sorry, it's just so strange a question to ask.
Well, to be fair, you are looking at a guy who gets headaches from talking about politics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, for the record, I did look up some info and alot of it came from very untrustworthy sites like Washington Post and New York Times.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll say what I always say. Both parties do this when it's their own people who get in trouble. I can't take either party seriously anymore and I don't blame the general populous for feeling the same way. I just wish they hadn't flocked to a snake oil salesman as an alternative. But maybe things do need to get extremely bad before they can get any better, heh.
But from a woman's (and Catholic's) perspective, how do you feel about these pastors defending Moore's actions by saying women (and in his case, under-aged girls) are more at fault for "coming onto men like him" than the men are for sexually attacking women, and even going so far as to say women are actually the more sexually aggressive ones attacking men moreso than men sexually attacking women, but it's never discussed because of political correctness? I'm not trying to goad you, I'm just genuinely curious to hear your reaction to this.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can pretty much attest to this.

I'm going to disagree somewhat - in this country, it really doesn't matter your race or your background, if you're poor, you're pretty much disregarded no matter what. It's like I said, particularly whenever there's a Republican in Office (Trump, Bush, et al), you have to meet all of the following criteria if you think you're going to have much luck surviving in America: white, wealthy, heterosexual, conservative, fire-and-brimstone Christian. If you don't meet all of that criteria, then you pretty much just have to fend for yourself. So, because I'm not wealthy (never have been) and liberal, I've seen a lot of struggle whenever Republicans have been in Office, despite being a straight, white Christian, because when it comes to the middle and working class, Republicans hate them all equally. It's the same tune everytime: "you're all just a bunch of lazy pricks who don't want to work and just want free stuff from the government." And yet, they're the ones working upwards of five or more jobs just to make a living and support themselves and/or their families, and what, exactly, are these wealthy politicians doing? So, ugh, who are the lazy ones here? Hmm?

Well again, once Trump actually got into Office, the GOP tossed a lot of that out because they said, "it didn't matter anymore."
This gets into the Duck Dynasty statement when the patriarch said that he saw no racism growing up because he worked the same crappy jobs in lived in the same crappy places that black people did. However, they didn't have the same rights that he did. There wasn't a limitation on where he could go or what he could do. If driving a car, they are more likely to be pulled over than he is. These are things that are invisible to us, rich or poor, as while people. There is always inherent priority in our lives whether we see it or not. That's why Black Lives Matter exists - to let us know, and for those who know, to remind us. I get what you're saying, but it's inaccurate. Yeah, the republicans hose every poor person, but black people in this country always have it harder.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, for the record, I did look up some info and alot of it came from very untrustworthy sites like Washington Post and New York Times.
Dude, come on. The NYT is bias, but not untrustworthy. Don't hamper yourself with paranoia and suspicion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But from a woman's (and Catholic's) perspective, how do you feel about these pastors defending Moore's actions by saying women (and in his case, under-aged girls) are more at fault for "coming onto men like him" than the men are for sexually attacking women, and even going so far as to say women are actually the more sexually aggressive ones attacking men moreso than men sexually attacking women, but it's never discussed because of political correctness? I'm not trying to goad you, I'm just genuinely curious to hear your reaction to this.
Are these evangelical pastors or something? If so, my only reaction is, are you surprised?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'll say what I always say. Both parties do this when it's their own people who get in trouble. I can't take either party seriously anymore and I don't blame the general populous for feeling the same way. I just wish they hadn't flocked to a snake oil salesman as an alternative. But maybe things do need to get extremely bad before they can get any better, heh.
While both parties are culpable, I do not believe that both parties are equally so. We've discussed that. That said, I agree with the rest. The last election backs that up. People are hopping mad at the republicans for not getting anything done for them. All Trump voters have to show for their support is a bunch of angry Tweets, dead bills that couldn't make it through congress and a tax bill that will hurt us all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This gets into the Duck Dynasty statement when the patriarch said that he saw no racism growing up because he worked the same crappy jobs in lived in the same crappy places that black people did. However, they didn't have the same rights that he did. There wasn't a limitation on where he could go or what he could do. If driving a car, they are more likely to be pulled over than he is. These are things that are invisible to us, rich or poor, as while people. There is always inherent priority in our lives whether we see it or not. That's why Black Lives Matter exists - to let us know, and for those who know, to remind us. I get what you're saying, but it's inaccurate. Yeah, the republicans hose every poor person, but black people in this country always have it harder.
I get what you're saying, but I didn't grow up in the period of time that he did. While racism is still rampantly prelevant in America (now moreso because of Trump), things like segregation, Jim Crow laws, and the Civil Rights movement were all things of the past (though the bruised feelings may have still been felt). I don't doubt that black people still dealt with a lot of crap such as this, even during times when I was growing up; my point was that despite being white, if you're poor in a Republican-lead country, you're pretty much just as S.O.L. as anyone else. The color of your skin may automatically save you from racial injustice, that much is sadly true, but again, if you're still poor despite being white, then . . . well, good luck is all I can say.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Second, nothing is okay with what Franken did.
Ironically, the only news outlet who handled that story well was SNL's Weekend Update, lol. Franken was a grown man acting like a High School sophomore and it's really bad and there's no way around that.

I don't like this trend of "trial by social media" though. Eventually someone innocent is going to get hurt and the Democrats don't seem to care because it's their moment to stick it to the Republicans.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All Trump voters have to show for their support is a bunch of angry Tweets
Did you see where he's claiming that all of his tweets are "Official Presidential Statements"?

I have no words for that. No words whatsoever. If that's the case, we're all making "Official Presidential Statements," and none of us are even in the White House. :stick_out_tongue: