And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
What I'm talking about can't be tracked. I don't mean tracking outright, literal lies like with Trump.
Well, if you're saying people are people regardless of race or party, sure! I agree with that 100%.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
See, that's the problem in a nutshell. ALL lives matter, but Black lives are the ones who are the most ignored. Black lives matter less to mainstream America. That is fact. Until we fix that, saying all lives matter eclipses the simple equality that black Americans are seeking.
Dude, to get triggered by the statement "all lives matter" is yet another form of extremism by the Democrats. You can't win votes by wagging your figure at everyone telling them how awful they are until they absolutely agree with your exact wording every time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, if you're saying people are people regardless of race or party, sure! I agree with that 100%.
But Democrats don't come across like they even remotely respect anyone who isn't a minority. I'm sorry, I'm not saying it's true, but those are the optics. It's like they want to come across as the rebellious cool kids who only like the outcasts. That's nice except they are supposed to represent the ENTIRE country.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
And, again, Democrats need to be better about messaging. When working to be a righteous warrior for people who need one most, it's easy to come off as condescending. It often IS condescending. In my estimation, however, if Jesus Christ actually existed, was alive today, and said the same things that he said then, I have no doubt that many people, particularly Christians, would call him preachy and condescending. I really do. I know that I say a lot about loaded words, but I still try to find the meaning with those who use them. I'm more interested in what someone says than how they say it, even when their terminology weakens their argument. I'm always searching to understand people - not change their beliefs - just to understand them and to show them where I come from too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If Jesus Christ actually existed, was alive today, and said the same things that he said then, I have no doubt that many people, particularly Christians, would call him preachy and condescending. I really do.
The right would hate Jesus for scolding the rich and also insisting that they should love their enemies. The left would hate Jesus for using the word "sin" and also insisting that they should love their enemies.

I'm always searching to understand people
Do you understand that my saying "Our country needs to value EVERYONE more" is quite obviously not racism?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
But Democrats don't come across like they even remotely respect anyone who isn't a minority. I'm sorry, I'm not saying it's true, but those are the optics. It's like they want to come across as the rebellious cool kids who only like the outcasts. That's nice except they are supposed to represent the ENTIRE country.
I will agree with that somewhat, but that hasn't always been the case. In fact, it used to be the opposite. However, we're talking right now and those are the optics to a lot of people. It's easy for white, straight America, particularly men, to feel like their being ignored because they're not being prioritized. That's the thing that loses elections. :wink: But the Dems are prioritizing minorities because they're tying to correct our horrible history and make things better in the future. It's not coming off that way, particularly among white, poor, middle America who never felt privileged (even though their lives are historically and still prioritized more, in may ways, than minorities). Remember when Bill Clinton won? The behind the scenes slogan for his win was, "It's the economy, stupid!" We're still there, but it's not really about the factual economy. It's about the feeling about the economy among poor, white America. Fact: They feel alienated by the Dems. That needs to be addressed head on and immediately. That it hasn't shows just how incredibly incompetent and out of touch party leadership is. I think we can at least agree on that part.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But the Dems are prioritizing minorities
Mostly during election season.

It's not coming off that way, particularly among white, poor, middle America who never felt privileged (even though their lives are historically and still prioritized more, in may ways, than minorities).
Lolol, dude, why in the world should these people vote for you? Do you even like them?