And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Corey Feldman was apparently even receiving death threats, because he was threatening to publically reveal the identity of other notorious pedophiles in Hollywood, and they wanted to silence him for it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Wasn't his first accuser who claimed he kissed and groped her under-aged (at the time)? I thought she was. I could be mistaken, because a lot of this stuff is really getting muddied and murky as it all comes spilling out at the same time.
You're talking about Al Franken? NO! Not at all. We need to be very careful about those sorts of things. Roy Moore has underage accusers. Al Franken does not. That is an entirely different charge. We need to stop conflating all of these events as if they're the same thing. There's sexual harassment/aggression, sexual abuse, rape and then there's doing all that to someone under the age of consent. All of it is bad, but the last thing is the worst thing a person can do.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Shifting the conversation to Trump's evil and greedy plan to do away with NET NEUTRALITY: For those who don't understand, imagine the internet like a river and we all live next to it. Now imagine that the Trump administration wanted to create mini dams in that river in order to siphon bits of it off to the highest bidders while eliminated or severely limiting access to that river for those without a lot of money. This is beyond a mere anti-trust offense. This needlessly hammers every single one of us in order to invent a source of profit where none needs to exist. The internet and the power to gain information has been the great equalizer in our culture. The Republicans and Trump are trying to steal this away from us. Make no mistake - this will hurt EVERYBODY but a few super-wealthy corporations. How can any middle-class supporter of Donald Trump be for this? The only way is if they don't understand. I think that's the case. In fact, I really don't think most Trump supporters understand anything about what the Trump administration is trying to do in the most important areas of American life and our economy. Historically, Republicans like Reagan, GWBush, and now Trump keep rolling back the progress made by Clinton, GHWBush and Obama. This is horrifying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought they already did that? They said the final vote was supposed to be in September and that would end net neutrality - has this become like healthcare: they keep getting defeated so they keep putting out a new vote?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I thought they already did that? They said the final vote was supposed to be in September and that would end net neutrality - has this become like healthcare: they keep getting defeated so they keep putting out a new vote?
One, Trump is incompetent. Two, this has to go through both houses of congress. Nothing happens overnight. We still have time to resist this!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To those who say not voting isn't the option. While you're entitled your own own political beliefs, here's what I want to know.

While I think this is HIGHLY unlikely.... what if the elections ended up like this in 2020?

Who would y'all vote for there? :skeptical:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dear Lord, that'd be like voting for the exact same person, except that one is an old white guy, and the other is a young black guy. But I mean, seriously: both are narcissistic, both are immature, both throw temper tantrums, both make spectacles of themselves, both are adulterers, both pick fights with everybody who don't agree with them, both demand praise and worship from people and actually get bent out of shape if the praise isn't exactly as they want to hear it, neither have political experience, neither give a crap about anybody but themselves, neither know the struggles of the average American people. . . .

I'd definitely take the option of not voting. Unlike Trump Vs. Hilary, there is no lesser evil here. :stick_out_tongue:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
To those who say not voting isn't the option. While you're entitled your own own political beliefs, here's what I want to know.

While I think this is HIGHLY unlikely.... what if the elections ended up like this in 2020?

Who would y'all vote for there? :skeptical:
That's it what's known as a FALSE ARGUMENT because there are always more than two candidates to vote for (and the Dems would never, in a million years, nominate Kanye because we're just not that tacky). While third party candidates have little chance of winning, they do get votes. I know many people who voted of Perot, Nader and write-in candidates. While the outcome is usually just a vote between two people, ANYONE can employ the INTEGRITY at ANY TIME to vote for someone beyond the two party nominees. TRUTH! How can an American not know any of this? It's beyond me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know there's always the third party option, but let's be honest. When do they ever win? That's where I'm getting at.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Dear Lord, that'd be like voting for the exact same person, except that one is an old white guy, and the other is a young black guy. But I mean, seriously: both are narcissistic, both are immature, both throw temper tantrums, both make spectacles of themselves, both are adulterers, both pick fights with everybody who don't agree with them, both demand praise and worship from people and actually get bent out of shape if the praise isn't exactly as they want to hear it, neither have political experience, neither give a crap about anybody but themselves, neither know the struggles of the average American people. . . .

I'd definitely take the option of not voting. Unlike Trump Vs. Hilary, there is no lesser evil here. :stick_out_tongue:
I agree. I even made a Meme about it nearly two years ago.