Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In regards to Family Guy, I stopped watching the show by the time season 8 came around because of how predictable the jokes have gotten (and not to mention, how ooc the characters have gotten. *cough* QUAGMIRE *cough*).

I honestly try not to let anything from FG or even South Park offend me because both shows are intentionally there to make fun of stuff in black comedy humor. End of the day, both shows are pretty much aimed for people who can learn to laugh at themselves.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In regards to Family Guy, I stopped watching the show by the time season 8 came around because of how predictable the jokes have gotten (and not to mention, how ooc the characters have gotten. *cough* QUAGMIRE *cough*).

I honestly try not to let anything from FG or even South Park offend me because both shows are intentionally there to make fun of stuff in black comedy humor. End of the day, both shows are pretty much aimed for people who can learn to laugh at themselves.
I completely agree. I don't get too offended by shows like that either, I just feel like they would have a bigger audience if they left certain topics out of it. I find the show more annoying and predictable than offensive, honestly. I agree about Quagmire as well. He used to be one of my favorite characters but has since become a man of few jokes, as have pretty much every once good character on the show. I don't watch South Park either, not because I find it offensive or anything but just because the animation style and voices get on my nerves. I find their paper cut out-type animation to be hard to look at and the character's voices seem to be done almost intentionally irritating. Also how they say the same curse words over and over again to the point where pretty much every other word is a bleep gets on my nerves just as much as the character's voices themselves. I'm not even exaggerating, they did an episode where they dropped S-bomb over 127 times with an on screen counter. Robot Chicken is really the only offensive cartoon I watch but only because they don't go near as far other similar shows. Plus I've always loved pop culture parodies and they have some of the best parodies I've ever seen on television. The only thing they do consistently that I don't like are the skits about Jesus but even those don't bother me much, I just tend to ignore them and enjoy the rest of the episode.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When it comes to South Park, I've managed to tune out the bleeps when it comes to the swearing.

I do recall the infamous S word episode from.... Seasons 5/6? And yeah, it was amazing how many times it had to be bleeped out.

To me, it's just one of those things you learn to ignore when you hear it alot, just like the laughing audience tracks in sitcoms.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When it comes to South Park, I've managed to tune out the bleeps when it comes to the swearing.

I do recall the infamous S word episode from.... Seasons 5/6? And yeah, it was amazing how many times it had to be bleeped out.

To me, it's just one of those things you learn to ignore when you hear it alot, just like the laughing audience tracks in sitcoms.
Bleeps are more annoying than laugh tracks to me because they are louder than the rest of the show. Laugh tracks used to bother me but The Big Bang Theory has probably desensitized me to them by now lol

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just find it very hypocritical now that you can get away with dropping the s bomb and yet the F word ALWAYS has to be censored.

I mean.... really?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I just find it very hypocritical now that you can get away with dropping the s bomb and yet the F word ALWAYS has to be censored.

I mean.... really?
What really gets my goat is with Adult Swim's and their inconsistent bleeping of the S-word, among other swears. Make up your mind, S&P! :rolleyes:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score

I mean.... really?
Me too. It used to be that only the ones in that aren't the dictionary got bleeped. That meant that basically if it had more than one meaning, it's okay to be said uncensored (for example the B-word means a female dog, the A-word means a donkey, the H-word is a place, etc.) but just like the F-word the S-word is nowhere to be found in the dictionary.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've also noticed that both GD and a**hole can be said uncensored now. So really that just leaves the F word and c**t as the only two that always have to be bleeped (not counting racial slurs like the N-word).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I forgot to mention:
-Whose Line Is It Anyway?
-The I.T. Crowd
-Firefly
-Anything Jeff Dunham
-Crank Yankers
-Jacka**
-America's Funniest Home Videos
-Gotham
-The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
-Smosh
-Epic Rap Battles of History
-Moone Boy
-Mrs. Brown's Boys
-Hey Arnold!
-AAAHH! Real Monsters
-Speechless
-Star vs. Forces of Evil
-Steven Universe
-Bad Lip Reading
-Silent Library
-Monumental Mysteries
-Henry Ford's Innovation Nation (The host was a writer for The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss. What not to like?)
-Asdfmovie
-Charlie the Unicorn
-Good Mythical Morning with Rhett & Link
-Super Mario Logan
-Oobi at Work (An extremely hilarious parody of the kid show Oobi that would belong on [adult swim])
-Yu-Gi-Oh:The Abridged Series
-Lip Synch Battle
-Wonder Showzen (I know that they make fun of God and I don't find that funny, but the rest of the show is pretty good)
-Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
-How It Should've Ended
-Impractical Jokers
-Comedy Bang Bang
-Tom and Jerry
-Teen Titans (Original series)
-Blue Collar Comedy
-The Benny Hill Show
-Mad TV
-MAD (The Cartoon Network show)
-Doodle Toons (The cute little cartoon by YouTube Pooper cartoonlover98 that is surprisingly clean and cute which is surprising considering the large quantities of vulgarity, violence, & expletives found in his poops).
-PhantomStrider
-Ben T. Looney
-Stuff With Scout Fly (He's a fellow HTF fan. We HTF lovers stick together!)
-Bobsheaux (His Alpha & Omega stuff is the some of the funniest satire of those movies out there)
-Peanuts (Not technically a show, but they have enough specials to be considered a show)
-Bump in the Night (Ken Pontac is my spirit animal)
I was snowed in this past weekend and bored out of my mind so I decided to binge both seasons of Wonder Showzen. Holy cr@p, I don't think I've laughed that hard in months. How on Earth did they get away with some of that stuff!? That show has the biggest cojones of any adult comedy show ever. Don't believe me!? They had a recurring skit where a little boy would dress up like a reporter and go around asking random strangers completely inappropriate questions. Did the kid's parents even know that he was saying those things on television where everyone could hear it? They also had a recurring segment where a blue puppet named Clarence would go up to random people on the street and basically annoy the **** out of them on camera. Some of the people would laugh and play along but others would get mad. The fact that they had to blur out some of the people's faces makes it obvious that these people were just random pedestrians who had no idea that a puppet was going to trick them into saying stupid things on TV. Yeah, that is freaking amazing!! That show is NOT for the faint of heart and I don't recommend it to just anyone. If you are easily offended by ANY subject (racial humor, violence, religious jokes, making fun of celebrities you like, etc.) or squeamish towards gross humor stay away from this show at all costs. At least 99% of the jokes on there are offensive, inappropriate, immature, annoying, gross, crude, or otherwise rebellious way in one or another. But if that kind of stuff doesn't bother you then maybe try an episode or two lol.