And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I know there's always the third party option, but let's be honest. When do they ever win? That's where I'm getting at.
If winning is all that matters to you, and winning at any cost is always an option, well, that demonstrates a fundamental deficiency of integrity. I've employed integrity with every vote I've made. It's why I supported GHW Bush over Bill Clinton. I've also made the mistake of not voting in some elections, but there's always someone we can write in. While I hated the fact that many of my friends found Hillary Clinton too offensive to their morality to vote for her, I respected their right to vote for third party candidates. What I don't respect is when some where offended by her morality and then voted for Trump. I respect the right to do so, but I do not respect that hypocritical vote. It's bizarre. I can respect the person (well, other aspects of the person) but not that vote. Not ever. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Integrity only means something if you use it when it's most difficult. By that, I mean it's only really important when you're at risk of losing something. We've lost that as a nation. I disagree with my friends very much who believed that they could not have integrity and vote for Hillary, but I admire them following what they believed knowing that their vote for Jill Stein could gain Trump the White House. That's integrity. Trying to finagle around it by using some "greater good" argument it is not.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There's only one viable, but ugly, "greater good" argument about American politics. It involves America's original sin, slavery. If our Founding Fathers had not permitted this brutal and racist practice, we likely would not be united states. We'd be separate countries. They knew that sin would eventually need to be addressed. It wasn't. It festered in the heart of our country until the Civil War. That was a very necessary war because no compromise could be met with the very racist South. I say this as a native Texan too. They try to teach us the whole "states rights" malarkey in school there, but I saw through that much to my teachers' anger. Sacrificing one's integrity comes at great cost. The cost for our nation was the Civil War. The cost of not being united states could have been speaking German after WWII. It's hard to predict things that didn't happen. Personally, I wish our Founding Fathers had found another way through. They planted the seed for change, but finked out. Politics is messy. Integrity is challenging. When Trump supporters make excuses for things, this is the only argument that makes any sense to support their point, but things are not as volatile as the age of slavery, so that point is moot.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The best thing about being yourself?

Worrying about your own life and not caring what people think about you. :big_grin: