And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That is very unforunate to hear about John. I guess watching Toy Story and other Pixar movies will never be the same now....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He's the Jim Henson or Walt Disney of the Pixar company. It's just, ouch! That one hurts.
Gotcha. I dunno, a lot of people are trying to sell all of this as a triumph for women. I might agree if there were any actual investigations or trials. But all I'm seeing is that we're tearing down every aspect of society, and replacing it with nothing. Same as the Trumpers wanting to destroy the NFL. 2016 and 2017 have basically been a series of endings, and few beginnings in sight. The ones I do see I have no interest in, be they conservative or liberal. I don't want to "build that wall" but I don't want "safe spaces" either. It's like I no longer even remotely belong on this planet. My Dad said he feels the same thing happened in the 60s. Institutions were torn down for the crime of being imperfect. But nothing replaced them.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Gotcha. I dunno, a lot of people are trying to sell all of this as a triumph for women. I might agree if there were any actual investigations or trials. But all I'm seeing is that we're tearing down everything aspect of society, and replacing it with nothing. Same as the Trumpers wanting to destroy the NFL. 2016 and 2017 have basically been a series of endings, and few beginnings in sight. The ones I do see I have no interest in, be they conservative or liberal. It's like I no longer even remotely belong in this world.
It is a triumph for women, but I also wish they'd all get together and make a list for us that we could read all at once. This is so depressing. It makes me think about what they went through, however. I know this topic well. I've mentioned that, but won't go into the details. I know what it's like to both be silent and to speak up about this stuff as an adult. There's no winning either way. Everybody loses something. Correction, one gets part of their self respect back. That can come at great cost because there will always be people bucking back up against them. That's why I'm inclined to believe at least 90% of accusers. It's a hard road! Also, yes you do belong in the world. You've got to look for the beauty in things too. It's hard to see sometimes, but it's everywhere (particularly in unexpected places and unexpected people). :smile:

Censored

Reaction score
The real question is, if the progressive of the two candidates raped a woman or a child, would you still vote for them over the republican or a third party candidate in order to preserve that seat for the Democrats? My answer is heck no! That's been tested and proven in my life. How would you vote in that very real circumstance?
I would either vote Republican or, if the Republican was equally as bad, not vote at all. Voting for 3rd parties just strokes people's egos and does nothing to help one way or another.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, John Lasseter is not among the people stepping down due to sexual harassment allegations. Progressive or conservative, this one stings us all with the same amount of anger and disappointment.
Reading Lasseter's statement on the news, to hear him tell it, all he's guilty of is hugging people, and this is what I was saying a while back: has our society perverted itself that much that just the friendly act of hugging someone is now considered sexual harassment? People seem to want to hug me all the time, and I just let them - a good hug can really lift someone's spirits, this is something Jim Henson loved about Joe Raposo, he was always giving out hugs to people.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Voting for 3rd parties just strokes people's egos and does nothing to help one way or another.
Not true. 3rd parties might not win elections, but eventually one will cannibalize one of the other two parties. That's what happens. Also, if a 3rd party even got 20% of the vote, and this is quite possible, it would cause future candidates to take the issues of those disenfranchised voters more seriously over the next cycle. Yes, 3rd parties look useless on the surface and they say elections (usually toward the lesser candidate), they can and do create change. While I am pragmatic, I am not that cynical. It's not my nature.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Reading Lasseter's statement on the news, to hear him tell it, all he's guilty of is hugging people, and this is what I was saying a while back: has our society perverted itself that much that just the friendly act of hugging someone is now considered sexual harassment? People seem to want to hug me all the time, and I just let them - a good hug can really lift someone's spirits, this is something Jim Henson loved about Joe Raposo, he was always giving out hugs to people.
Some people just don't like to be touched, but then there's those who try and make themselves look like the victim from being hugged. It's a shame.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'd normally agree, but you only read one report. He's grabbing and groping too, allegedly. The "hugging" thing was his statement; not the statement of his accusers. He seems like a creeper.

Censored

Reaction score
Not true. 3rd parties might not win elections, but eventually one will cannibalize one of the other two parties. That's what happens. Also, if a 3rd party even got 20% of the vote, and this is quite possible, it would cause future candidates to take the issues of those disenfranchised voters more seriously over the next cycle. Yes, 3rd parties look useless on the surface and they say elections (usually toward the lesser candidate), they can and do create change. While I am pragmatic, I am not that cynical. It's not my nature.
As I said in a previous post, when I vote in an election, I'm going to consider the candidate who can win this time around, not the one who might influence things 4 to 12 years down the line. This I do know: one sure way to get a Trump reelected in 2020 is to have a progressive 3rd party candidate there to "make a statement."