And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Ok, in 2020, we'll all send a message to the Democratic candidate by voting for some third party progressive. Trump will get elected again, but hey, just think of the progress we'll make in the next 4 years.
That's not, and never was, what I was saying. What I said had conditions attached that you're ignoring. This is why I seldom engage. This is extremism. This is what politicians from both parties do. They extract one part of an argument, twist it and then pretend that's what a person said. It is not. That is everything icky and counter productive to political conversation that pushes us forward. I don't believe you've listened to a word I've said so further discussion is useless. Peace out.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Now, THIS is what cynical really is, Jvcarroll.
I give that equal measure to whatever strawman conversation you were having with me. I'm just so irritated because of the reasons I outlined above. We need out of the box thinkers in this country. It's out of the box thinking (a bad form of it) that got us Trump. Progressives have mostly wasted this year by running in the same losing circle after the dynamics have shifted. We have a stupid president.That's for certain, but the DNC is becoming the stupid party because too many of us are unwilling to change or budge about anything. It's not serving us and, if we don't change, we'll be seeing another 4 years of Trump. I'm not. I'm willing to see new ideas. Old, crusty arguments that depend upon passe paradigms, however, nope. I'm just not interested. I'll be taking a several day break from your replies because they paint an incomplete picture of what I've said. My time is valuable to me as yours is to you. This is not about a disagreement. You've continually mischaracterized what I've said. Peace. :cool:

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I give that equal measure to whatever strawman conversation you were having with me. I'm just so irritated because of the reasons I outlined above. We need out of the box thinkers in this country. It's out of the box thinking (a bad form of it) that got us Trump. Progressives have mostly wasted this year by running in the same losing circle after the dynamics have shifted. We have a stupid president.That's for certain, but the DNC is becoming the stupid party because too many of us are willing to change or budge about anything. It's not serving us and, if we don't change, we'll be seeing another 4 years of Trump. I'll be taking a several day break from your replies. Peace. :cool:
Will you take a break from other replies also?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you all but President Trump will not be the Republican nominee in 2020.
Do you really think so? I'd be great with that, but as his win taught us - anything is possible! :eek: There's a good chance he'll face some sort of reprimand that doesn't require him to step down. He'll behave like a martyr that will have his base solidify around him. Maybe Jarrod goes to jail. Do you think he even has loyalty to family? He demonstrated none of that in his life. He'll throw whomever to the dogs in order to "win". I watched Coco last night and, even though I'm reading the Trump win into that, there's a message about those who try to get ahead at any cost. Blind ambition. That's Trump. It works in this life and not everyone pays a price for it. None of it, however, makes the world a better place. It's a strong force that could keep him in office for 8 years. Keep in mind, this is me saying all of this. :embarrassed:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Will you take a break from other replies also?
Nopers. You're golden. Talking to people who are not listening is a useless exercise and a waste of time. I don't really think about conversations as a competition. I think about integrity and exchange of inspiring ideas. :smile:

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Nopers. You're golden. Talking to people who are not listening is a useless exercise and a waste of time. I don't really think about conversations as a competition. I think about integrity and exchange of inspiring ideas. :smile:
Yay! :big_grin:

Censored

Reaction score
It's also useless talking with people who can't handle an opinion different from their own.