And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
Again, it's not about a difference of opinion. I'm only responding to this because it's a loaded post. I respect differences, particularly of opinion (even when I find them cynical). What I don't respect is a strawman argument being unfairly made about what I've said.
So, it's ok to disagree with you as long as you agree with way someone is disagreeing.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Censored and Jamie: This is one of those pesky situation where you're both right. :concern: :concern:
Also, there are so many on the hardcore left that end up being almost the same as the hardcore right. We both believe that, I think. We just don't agree on the percentages of both. :wink: I try to stay away from the fringes. Most stuff that's valuable in the world exists in the shades between. Extreme fringe folk, regardless of partisanship or other background, will rarely see that.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So, it's ok to disagree with you as long as you agree with way someone is disagreeing.
Again, with the goading. If your way of discussing something with someone is to willfully mischaracterize what they've said, then yes!

Censored

Reaction score
Also, there are so many on the hardcore left that end up being almost the same as the hardcore right. We both believe that, I think. We just don't agree on the percentages of both. :wink: I try to stay away from the fringes. Most stuff that's valuable in the world exists in the shades between. Extreme fringe folk, regardless of partisanship or other background, will rarely see that.
No disrespect, Jamie, but many on here might consider your views to be extreme.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Look, we're all elitist extremists, okay? Let's just cancel each other out and go to Scotland.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And again, this is why being independent is awesome.

You have the option to let people think what they want and nothing more.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
No disrespect, Jamie, but many on here might consider your views to be extreme.
Again, again, with the goading. My views are not extreme left or extreme right. That was the gist of the point I was making. Yours, however, appear to be extreme left. So, yeah. I have extreme views about integrity, but politics, no. The only people who believe my views to be extremely partisan are the ones who are far gone. For example, I'm a lib who believes in the 2nd amendment who also believes that it should have restrictions on it. That is not extreme. Most of my political views are like that. With that, I'm out. Make whatever incorrect arguments you'd like to make about me. This is precisely why Dems lose elections. We fight with each other rather than find common ground. I've been trying so friggin hard to find that common ground with you, but you are unbending and unwilling to address the things that I (not someone else) actually said. So, conversation is useless. I was one of the few folk here who agreed with the majority of what you had to say, but you kept going after me for a minority opinion. I'm done. Frog bless, fella. Good luck with your endeavors. I mostly like you and what you have to say, but I don't appreciate the mischaracterizations or loaded posts to get me to continue to respond to you. :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I’m just going to ignore Censored.
I'm tempted to do that too, but I actually, and enthusiastically, agree with him about 3/4ths of the time. He has great insights on things. A give and take conversation, however, is challenging at times (even when agreeing). Peoples is peoples. :smile:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Again, again, with the goading. My views are not extreme left or extreme right. That was the gist of the point I was making. Yours, however, appear to be extreme left. So, yeah. I have extreme views about integrity, but politics, no. The only people who believe my views to be extremely partisan are the ones who are far gone. For example, I'm a lib who believes in the 2nd amendment who also believes that it should have restrictions on it. That is not extreme. Most of my political views are like that. With that, I'm out. Make whatever incorrect arguments you'd like to make about me. This is precisely why Dems lose elections. We fight with each other rather than find common ground. I've been trying so friggin hard to find that common ground with you, but you are unbending and unwilling to address the things that I (not someone else) actually said. So, conversation is useless. I was one of the few folk here who agreed with the majority of what you had to say, but you kept going after me for a minority opinion. I'm done. Frog bless, fella. Good luck with your endeavors. I mostly like you and what you have to say, but I don't appreciate the mischaracterizations or loaded posts to get me to continue to respond to you. :smile:
Out of my own curiousness, are you independent or leaning left?